What did you do to your TJ today?

Switched out my black headlight bezels for chrome in the quest to make the white look more balanced (I’ve had them for some time). I plan on putting a washer behind the steering stops later tonight as my Duratracs rub.

ACFFA654-0D21-4FF9-B49D-6B4E496451F2.jpeg

A5CBE1D1-0910-4DE3-B9E6-0729806F89D7.jpeg

Let's here what you've done to your TJ today!

I'll start by saying I gave her the biggest, most thorough cleaning possible!

Hello everyone! Spent all afternoon tracking down the issue of blower only working on high. Guy at napa told me it couldn't be the blower relay. I had already replaced the blower resistor, so purchased a new switch only to find the switch in my TJ is not like the ones that show listed for it (plastic knob shaft vs shorter metal shaft on mine, also one mounting screw vs 2 on mine). Anywho, guess what, it was the relay all along.

Thankfully, my fan switch is ok as it apparently unubtainium now.

IMG_20180809_162752959.jpg

Spray painted the few things black like the cluster cover, center bezel, steering column cover, airbag cover and vents. Looks much better then before.

View attachment 50780
View attachment 50782
I painted mine right across including the corners (a few years ago).. that air vent panel just pops out and make it easy to spray too

Last edited:
713BD6FB-FE2C-4A46-B01E-D89ADC0A029F.jpeg 40EDE467-DFC2-4124-9BC6-0749E3B0029E.png 40EDE467-DFC2-4124-9BC6-0749E3B0029E.png Changed the shift knob on my 32RH. Will try to get some pics and part numbers this weekend while replacing my 4.0 cylinder head.

Bought a Gennie Shifter Lo-dapt II for a JK. It fits over the shifter shaft. Used part of a plastic hanger cause the factory one is too short. Instead of pushing the thumb button I just push the whole knob down. Part SKU1051.
To mount adapter I marked the shift shaft 2.75” up from the console and taped the SKU1051 in place. I then marked and drilled a hole in the shift shaft for the set screw.
Then I slid the plastic hanger piece into the top of the SKU1051 until it made contact with the factory push button insert and tightened that set screw per instructions.
Next I removed the SKU1051 and cut off the excess hanger piece. I then tapped the hole I drilled to 8-32 and reinstalled the SKU1051 and the set screw.
Now just attach a knob and done.
The adapter comes with 16mm threads.

Last edited:
Reactions: -T. and Kiwi TJ
Reactions: tomtaylz
Chrome always gets a like from me!

It does make a big difference, stay tuned for future pictures with the chrome but once I changed my black wheels <plug> still for sale </plug> to moabs, the black headlight bezels stood out like a sore thumb. I think the black/white look is good but with small amounts of black as the white quickly looks out of balance

2D6A7429-9633-46FB-8C42-6BDD3CC7C5DF.jpeg

Finally "finished" my morryde tailgate reinforcement/hinge install so I could put the 33" on the back. I say "finsihed" because the the lower right bolt into the tailgate for the hinge spins freely. I either stripped the threads or whatever bracket the bolt goes into broke free. I'm going to have drill a hole in the back of the tailgate to investigate, I expect I'll be putting a nut on the back of the bolt. I will say this product is built like a tank, really impressive. Closes and opens nicely, well packaged, and all necessary bolts included.

View attachment 50375
Finally "finished" my morryde tailgate reinforcement/hinge install so I could put the 33" on the back. I say "finsihed" because the the lower right bolt into the tailgate for the hinge spins freely. I either stripped the threads or whatever bracket the bolt goes into broke free. I'm going to have drill a hole in the back of the tailgate to investigate, I expect I'll be putting a nut on the back of the bolt. I will say this product is built like a tank, really impressive. Closes and opens nicely, well packaged, and all necessary bolts included.

View attachment 50375
I’ve been curious what all options there were to strengthen this area. Where did you locate this from? Is it much different/cheaper than an exogate?

Savvy transfer case cable .

Works great ,solid engagement in all modes , 9 times out of 10 , but occasionally feels like it binds or something..

My guess is it's the transfer case just being fussy

Any one had a similar deal? All's tight and adjusted , engagement is dead on at the transfer case lever .

Reactions: JeepZilla380
I’ve been curious what all options there were to strengthen this area. Where did you locate this from? Is it much different/cheaper than an exogate?
It’s literally the exact same thing as the exogate, and the good news is I didn’t strip that last bolt hole after all. Project done!! Edit, extreme terrain had the best price I found

Reactions: Tjrubicon
View attachment 50824 My hinges were faded and beat down by the sun so I cleaned em up and painted them with truck bedliner. (Did the side mirrors also but didn’t take a pic)

I’d like to see the mirrors done in Berliner... they just kinda look plain to me sometimes. Maybe it’s the size? I feel like the texture would help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi

Reactions: Cal