What did you do to your TJ today?

Fully removed the soft top and roll bar padding. Ol’ Blue is going to the detailer on Monday for paint correction and orange peel. Controversial, I know. That could be money for off-road mods! It sees more pavement than dirt.

I kinda like the look without roll bar padding!

0c020857de9e6b1dc70b043835c8967b.jpg

Fully removed the soft top and roll bar padding. Ol’ Blue is going to the detailer on Monday for paint correction and orange peel. Controversial, I know. That could be money for off-road mods! It sees more pavement than dirt.

I kinda like the look without roll bar padding!

View attachment 51792
Nice fender clearance @jchadscud did you install those?
I Like the wheels, are they procomps? Your beast looks like it's ready for the Tx hill country :)

Thanks, I had the flares installed when I did the wheels and tires. Yes, those are the basic $50 Pro Comp steel wheel. I didn’t know what I’d want/need down the road, so $250 for 5 was a pretty good option!

Reactions: KCsTJ
Here's a question-

If the shop said your manual transmission was serviced, could you detect tool marks in the 17mm hex drain bolt? I see none .

Installed my new Tuffy glove box that my wife (Jeep Girl Extraordinaire) got me for my birthday. No major issues, it's not Tuffy's fault that I needed to drill two 1/4" holes and none of my drill bits could drill a hole in water. I did have to grind down the rubber bumpers on the top of the glove box frame to be able to get the door to latch, but that's just tweaking, doesn't count.

Tuffy1.jpg

Notice in the next photo the center console lid is missing. The wife was getting in the passenger seat the other day while I was getting something out of the console. When she went to fasten her seat belt her elbow hit the raised lid and it grenaded (the lid, not her elbow...). I made a new lid out of wood just to cover the hole, not even going to try to lock it. She felt so bad about it that she ordered a Tuffy center console as an apology. Yeah, that'll work. Now if I could just find a way for her to break my nonexistent front locker...

Tuffy2.jpg

Already posted haha but 2.5 lift was installed today View attachment 51914 View attachment 51915

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know we have been conversing back and forth on various post/messages but are those the 5000x?

Is the ride the same I hear from everyone else? Cadillac of Jeep now lol?

2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi

I know we have been conversing back and forth on various post/messages but are those the 5000x?

Is the ride the same I hear from everyone else? Cadillac of Jeep now lol?

2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi

Yea mixed up with 2.5 softride skyjacker coils with the 5000x’s. Their riding amazing compared to the rough country shocks I came from. And basically haha, their just awesome

Reactions: Shane Mckinley
That looks awesome... I really want to install one of those, but I am too chicken to try it.

It’s really not that bad. It’s gets easier after you drill the first hole.
I used an angle grinder with a diamond tip blade and it cut through the hood easily. I love the look and it is keeping the heat down in the engine compartment!

Reactions: Shane Mckinley
Played a game of Tetris in the back to the TJ today picking up some chairs I bought for my re-vamped dining room table.
If its too tall to fit under the roof....just move the roof out of the way. :D (love my soft top)
Got a lil bit wet going home but nothing worth moaning about.

Jeep chair.jpg

Jeep chair 2.jpg

You're rear bumper looks cool.
Thanks buddy ..I've not seen another one like it. Either end are perfect places to stand to rock the TJ out of sticky situations and awesome for people getting in the back seat.(a few years ago they were different colours but painted them all the same satin black to tie it all together)

Reactions: JeepZilla380
Played a game of Tetris in the back to the TJ today picking up some chairs I bought for my re-vamped dining room table.
If its too tall to fit under the roof....just move the roof out of the way. :D (love my soft top)
Got a lil bit wet going home but nothing worth moaning about.

Love the color of your TJ. Never seen that one before. The rear bumpers are cool as well.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ