What did you do to your TJ today?

Backflushed the heater core.
but I am hoping to find some snow this year. A little heat would be nice.
Want to trade places?
1545000236492.png

Replaced a very bad intake/exhaust manifold gasket on my 97 2.5L with 169k.
20181216_140504.jpg

Turns out this worn out gasket was the cause of engine codes 12,(43, 43, 43), 55 also known as P0300, P0303, P0304, random misfire, cyl 3&4.
Finally solved the random misfire! She runs just like new. :)
Edit: the gasket was trashed for sure, however that did not solve the misfires, the codes came back the 2nd day, ugh.

Last edited:
Did you drag your rear bumper? Looks close
Don't think so, at first we looked to see if I could make it down but there were a few too many drops for how mine is set up and would have definitely scratched up the bumper so I decided to scrub that plan and attempted going up. Ended up putting an anchor line just in case but was able to climb up after some tire spin, it was a fun obstacle.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
What did you use to flush the heater core with?

I pulled the hoses at the engine and pushed water through the bottom one till it came out clear then I pushed the water back out through the top one with air, then I topped off the radiator with distilled water. I am ordering new hoses after christmas, and I will do a total flush then. I just needed to get the heater to work in my Jeep for now. Which it finally does.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and RussTJ
I pulled the hoses at the engine and pushed water through the bottom one till it came out clear then I pushed the water back out through the top one with air, then I topped off the radiator with distilled water. I am ordering new hoses after christmas, and I will do a total flush then. I just needed to get the heater to work in my Jeep for now. Which it finally does.
Im in the same boat. I used the jeep to go to the base at 4 in the morning and the heater was warm at best. 6 inches away it went cold. Since I don't hardly drive it when its cold i have not paid attention.

I think next week i will flush it good.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and ac_
Im in the same boat. I used the jeep to go to the base at 4 in the morning and the heater was warm at best. 6 inches away it went cold. Since I don't hardly drive it when its cold i have not paid attention.

I think next week i will flush it good.
I haven't had my top on for months now. (Which is half true. I have the safari roof on) but now windows, and the doors come off and on as I don't really always have a good place to store them but no windows.

As you know we went Christmas light looking with the top off, and we had pretty good heat when we were slow or stopped, but driving down the highway, it was chilly, but we could feel heat coming from the vents now, if we put our hands up there. I think with the full top on it will be nice. We will test it, if we ever get any snow on the Rim this year.

I bought all of the stuff to do a new rear main seal. Not looking forward to it, but will probably get to it over the Christmas vacation. Have a drop every time I park, and I can't have that!

Reactions: KCsTJ