What did you do to your TJ today?

I started it to make sure it would still run.

It's been parked in the garage for the past couple months while we prepare to move into a new house! I feel incredibly neglectful and can't wait to get it under the wrench again.

Went for my 6 monthly safety checkup (its the law out here) and the first time in 7 years it failed.:(
Rear seat belts were starting to fray a little so now I have to get new belts and the law changed on headlights saying that you cant have LED and Halogen lights together (park lights and main lights ) ....they have to be both LED or both Halogen....stupid law.
Of course its Christmas too so everyone is closed.

So let me guess they hold your registration ransom right? I am so glad we don't get tested out here. I mean we have emissions and that is a huge inconvenience and pain especially in the summer when it can be 115 degrees or hotter. I check my lights every oil change and even more if it suits me, but if I had to take every vehicle in every 6 months that would drive me crazy. I am lucky I only have to do emissions ever other year and that is it. After that it is up to me to make sure my seatbelts are frayed or my lights work. I like it better that way. The less government the better in my opinion.

Here is my suggestion. if the seatbelts are frayed, remove them and remove the back seat. I know you have kids, but tell them to get jobs, and buy their own jeeps, so they can sit in the front seats. Problem solved, you're welcome!

Went for my 6 monthly safety checkup (its the law out here) and the first time in 7 years it failed.:(
Rear seat belts were starting to fray a little so now I have to get new belts and the law changed on headlights saying that you cant have LED and Halogen lights together (park lights and main lights ) ....they have to be both LED or both Halogen....stupid law.
Of course its Christmas too so everyone is closed.
When your country has a flow chat to find the flow chart for JUST seatbelts. Someone has too much time and not enough real work.
seatbelt-and-seatbelt-anchorages-pic2.gif

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and L J
Making progress on getting some Warn sliders on, more prep work than anything today. Got the OEM Rubicon rails off with only breaking two bolts. That's a success in the Midwest. Lots of cleaning needed/done but pleased to find zero rust.
IMG_20181229_131407.jpg

The 03+ Warn versions dont have one of the mounting holes drilled out (it is centerpunched) since using said hole requires you to use a hole saw by the seat belt bracket. It is the mounting hole that is the most rear and Warn gives you instructions if you want to use it. It a pretty important bolt IMO so it got drilled out. Since I have the Misch BB Seat Brackets, I pulled the driver's seat out to give me access with a holesaw. Got that ready for tomorrow.

Got painters tape on, the top line of the sliders marked, and test fitted the sliders to mark the drill holes. Was about to start drilling the tub but started thinking I should measure one more time. Was loosing daylight so that's going to have to wait.
IMG_20181229_165205.jpg

Installed 1.25" Front Seat Risers:
StreetRays Billet CNC Machined Jeep Wrangler 97-06 Front Seat Risers Spacers Kit (MADE IN USA)
Raw Aluminum (Plain) Finish

Hardware was included but I went to Ace and got some beefier washers...you can see why. The little washer was falling through the hole of the seat mount if not positioned almost perfectly.--overall I'm pleased.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/273059104791

20181229_123407.jpg

20181229_123442.jpg

20181229_131805.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JMT and azroc909
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Installed my Hella LEDs I got for Christmas. Hellas Valuefit line round LEDs. Had to order the harness separately, but their harness is a really nice setup. I used one of GCDs switches, and it gets the job done. For some reason my mother in law bought the reverse light switch and put that in my stocking. Guess I have to drive backwards to use the lights now?

71ca57a4d9d1377661ffccdb21817226.jpg

64ae86d7d37e7ff39449a64e0b568256.jpg

ac576a3e211663d580dbc91746018ebf.jpg

I’ve seen some silly laws before, but this takes the cake.

Who cares?!
Its crazy I know....I wouldn't normally care either but without a 'warrant of fitness' approved sticker on my front window (safety check up) Im looking at huge fines if stopped by 5-0.

So let me guess they hold your registration ransom right? I am so glad we don't get tested out here.
Here is my suggestion. if the seatbelts are frayed, remove them and remove the back seat. I know you have kids, but tell them to get jobs, and buy their own jeeps, so they can sit in the front seats. Problem solved, you're welcome!
Yes without a Warrant of fitness sticker...I cant get registered and Insurance wont insure me either.
I thought about taking out the back seat and belts but the belts are only just fraying so I cut off the frayed bits and burn the edges with a soldering iron......the edges look great now...so hopefully I can get away with it when I go back in for a re-test.

When your country has a flow chat to find the flow chart for JUST seatbelts. Someone has too much time and not enough real work.
View attachment 69712
hahaha yeah way , way too much time....I can find new ones but stupid prices...I think I have found a free solution (see previous message)

Its crazy I know....I wouldn't normally care either but without a 'warrant of fitness' approved sticker on my front window (safety check up) Im looking at huge fines if stopped by 5-0.

Yes without a Warrant of fitness sticker...I cant get registered and Insurance wont insure me either.
I thought about taking out the back seat and belts but the belts are only just fraying so I cut off the frayed bits and burn the edges with a soldering iron......the edges look great now...so hopefully I can get away with it when I go back in for a re-test.

That seems really strict. Makes me sad a little bit. Sometimes I think government can be to much.

Reactions: Kathy and Kiwi TJ
That seems really strict. Makes me sad a little bit. Sometimes I think government can be to much.
I was sad yesterday...so today took mum, dad and my youngest out for the afternoon to Kawakawa Bay and then down to Waitawa too
kawakawa bay2.JPG
kawakawa bay3.JPG
waitawa bay 1.JPG
waitawa bay 5.JPG