What did you do to your TJ today?

I think I'm nuts...

These are my seat bases. Before I put them back together (from foam replacement) I wanted to clean them up. The factory did not put any coating on the seat frames or bases. So...even though they are inside the vehicle and my interior is in really good shape, they are rusty. Just surface rust, no pitting, but fer cryin out loud...Its a Jeep, its gonna get wet. Why there is anything unfinished is beyond me.

Before (passenger side)
1547001033453.png

After (Driver's Side)

1547001176614.png

No one will ever see these...but I'm spending an inordinate amount of time making these pretty.

I think I'm nuts...

These are my seat bases. Before I put them back together (from foam replacement) I wanted to clean them up. The factory did not put any coating on the seat frames or bases. So...even though they are inside the vehicle and my interior is in really good shape, they are rusty. Just surface rust, no pitting, but fer cryin out loud...Its a Jeep, its gonna get wet. Why there is anything unfinished is beyond me.

Before (passenger side)
View attachment 71416

After (Driver's Side)

View attachment 71417

No one will ever see these...but I'm spending an inordinate amount of time making these pretty.
Your not alone...when I take something off my Jeep or any other car, I clean behind it before I put it back, even if its not seen haha
Great work on the seat bases though....better than factory

Thanks, but I find it odd that nothing seals the tube from the elements. Nothing is keeping it from filling with mud. Does anyone sell some kind of boot? This is really irritating me.

RCV has a seal for the ends however it's been said that they hold more junk in than they keep out.

Reactions: Powdermonkey
Excellent choice and welcome to the forum! What size lift were you thinking?
I really like what I have read about the Currie 4" lift, sounds like the best riding suspension out there. Not sure if that's too much and will create several problems downstream. I want to run 33" tires. Might could use the Currie control arms with another brand of springs that wont lift it as much. Seems like I have read that 4" lift is about the limit of the TJ before going to long arms.

Got some Husky floor mats, much needed since the OE ones don’t stay put and were looking nasty. I like the simple look compared to the Weathertechs (which look like the Husky ones I have in my F150). Also had the Bestop/Smitty/RR/Quadratec tread like ones in the JK prior and didn’t much care for them.

Plus Amazon had them discounted pretty nicely too down to $72
2067904C-FC90-46CA-BCD8-BED48E8B352A.jpeg

View attachment 71537

View attachment 71538

I think I'll mount the switch here.
View attachment 71539[/QUOTE]
I put mine here. Easy to reach and easy to read. Been there for about 4 years, has never been in the way. Also easy reach and read from outside of the Jeep from the driver's side. When I know I'm going to air up soon, I just reached down and turn on the switch. By the time I get to where I'm going to air back up, the compressor has kicked off and the tank is full and ready to go. Just my 2 cents.

IMG_20190109_131754770.jpg

Looks good! Not usually a fan of stickers or decals but been thinking about adding some black/transparent ones on either side of mine in the same location. What size are those? I think I found some 3" x 5" ones on Amazon before.

Thanks! Mine are 2.75"x5". I normally dont like them too much either but like to have a flag on everything I drive. I wouldve went for black aswell, but the silver is reflective and I thought that they would match pretty well. Happy with how it turned out.

Reactions: danof76
I think I'm nuts...

Before (passenger side)
View attachment 71416

After (Driver's Side)

View attachment 71417

Mine are the same way and it drives me nuts. I’ve been wanting to clean them up and paint them for months. When I do my seat heaters, I think I will.

Reactions: RussTJ