What did you do to your TJ today?

I think I'm nuts...

These are my seat bases. Before I put them back together (from foam replacement) I wanted to clean them up. The factory did not put any coating on the seat frames or bases. So...even though they are inside the vehicle and my interior is in really good shape, they are rusty. Just surface rust, no pitting, but fer cryin out loud...Its a Jeep, its gonna get wet. Why there is anything unfinished is beyond me.

Before (passenger side)
View attachment 71416

After (Driver's Side)

View attachment 71417

No one will ever see these...but I'm spending an inordinate amount of time making these pretty.
Im just as OCD. Although I don't think Id go to this length to paint them, the visible parts of the brackets on the front and rear seats I've painted.

Im just as OCD. Although I don't think Id go to this length to paint them, the visible parts of the brackets on the front and rear seats I've painted.

To be fair, I didn't tear them apart just to paint them. I tore them apart to repair the foam and install seat heaters. I just went down the rabbit hole at that point and painted all the raw steel I could.

To be fair, I didn't tear them apart just to paint them. I tore them apart to repair the foam and install seat heaters. I just went down the rabbit hole at that point and painted all the raw steel I could.

Hey it’s gotta look good inside and out, right? If you put it back you know it’ll be in poor shape and even if you can’t see it you can’t stand it.

I know the feeling but I was the polar opposite with my JK. I do my best to maintain my TJ. That being said though, I certainly won’t lose any sleep if it gets any scars while off road, it is a Jeep after all.

Reactions: Shane Mckinley
First good snow today in Ohio so had to take er out.
e3d4a2b9ffc9dfab5044c7728e8eae3a.jpg

Changed the transmission fluid out and put Redline in. Fixed some of my gripes but not all. Overall it seems to run better than before. Also changed out the fluid in the front dif. Still need to change out the rear but ran out of time. Mail man showed up in the middle of everything with my LED headlights so I took a break and got those put in as well.

Overall it was a productive day, hopefully I can get the rear dif done in the next week or two.

Reactions: Mike JF and jazngab
I installed my custombatterycables.com cables, all but the engine ground (the existing nut was turning the bolt from the engine and I ran out of time). Fortunately the existing ground was fine, so that sets up some electrical projects I have planned (floods, spotters, replacing the fogs, wiring the aux fuse block for in-cab accessories).

Hopefully this week I’ll have time to get the loom back in around them and strip out the bad existing fog wiring.

Last edited:
Managed to grab a couple hours in the day to move ahead a lil more on the ammo box console....cut the bottom out of the top one and ground down the edges.
Also swapped out the original center console and put in my 2nd hand shorter one so I can get more measurements on how much more I need to cut.

ammo box2.JPG
ammo box3.JPG

center4.JPG

Installed a new Starter and found out what was drawing power when my jeep was turned off. I was turning the key too far back. I found out when I was rewiring my stereo receiver and testing wires. smh.

IMG_5571.JPG

Reactions: Mike JF and Kiwi TJ
Well not just today but last weekend and this weekend installed front and rear RGAs, AR, and the Rubicrawler. AA definitely gave me some trials and tribulations. First they sent me the kit for a JK. But after calling them they immediately sent the TJ kit. But while installing the levers I discovered they drilled the recess for the bolt on the wrong side. Of course I didn’t think that was possible and sent a considerable amount of time trying to figure out what i screwed up. Oh well it’s in and seems to working good, so far. Not sure I will change out the lever because of the amount of effort it takes.
69BA56E2-6708-45A4-8AA3-2FF5BEDAB4AF.jpeg
67A55615-48E5-4B46-AE12-C63898D4D7C5.jpeg
3F7BD93F-7344-4355-B1BA-756F0CB4807D.jpeg
B44BBB6A-C179-43DF-8F13-3A5D0EF40960.jpeg