What did you do to your TJ today?

Added front and rear cameras not a bad view all things considered

A639CEF6-6D0A-4CE7-877C-9D35C5A8C841.jpeg

AFAE97EE-8B45-466A-886C-BBD693AE53A4.jpeg

Finally finished putting my front seat back together. Got distracted by a couple things...but they look AWESOME now. The colors are much brighter than before, the foam is nice and tight again, and I've removed another rusty area from my jeep. :)

1547587764232.png

They also got a nice upgrade for those cool autumn nights...

1547587794779.png

Nice looking! I assume those are the OE seat covers and not some after-market ones? If the latter then tell me where you got them right now! If the former then darn, guess I'll just have to pony up for the Bartacts at some point. Driver side vinyl on the side of the seat was ripped when I got it, one of the few things worth griping about when I bought my TJ.

I am going to install the butt warmers for next year, too lazy and too little winter left down here for me to bother.

Oh and nice metal pegboard, how do you like it compared to the normal stuff?

Nice looking! I assume those are the OE seat covers and not some after-market ones? If the latter then tell me where you got them right now! If the former then darn, guess I'll just have to pony up for the Bartacts at some point. Driver side vinyl on the side of the seat was ripped when I got it, one of the few things worth griping about when I bought my TJ.

I am going to install the butt warmers for next year, too lazy and too little winter left down here for me to bother.

Oh and nice metal pegboard, how do you like it compared to the normal stuff?

They are factory covers...I have a spare set of seat for sale currently...

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/03-06-front-seats.16982/

If you just want the covers, I can probably be talked into selling them and keeping the seats for spare parts...

Regarding the metal pegboard...I really like it. Works well...Better than the brown pressed wood, anyway.

Reactions: danof76
They are factory covers...I have a spare set of seat for sale currently...

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/03-06-front-seats.16982/

If you just want the covers, I can probably be talked into selling them and keeping the seats for spare parts...

Regarding the metal pegboard...I really like it. Works well...Better than the brown pressed wood, anyway.

Awfully tempting but my spare money is all being sucked up by a little man currently growing in my wife’s belly. I would do the seat covers possibly but I don’t think ‘03+ covers fit on a 2000. My seat release is a pull tab on the side towards the top I didn’t see that in your pictures (I think they changed it in ‘03).

Last edited:
Awfully tempting but my spare money is all being sucked up by a little man currently growing in my wife’s belly. I would do the seat covers possibly but I don’t think ‘03+ covers fit on a 2000. My dear release is a pull tab on the side towards the top I didn’t see that in your pictures (I think they changed it in ‘03).
Oh, yeah, the shape of the older seats is way different. Too bad.

Reactions: danof76
Added front and rear cameras not a bad view all things considered

View attachment 72451

View attachment 72452

Nice install of that head unit. Do you have a write up by chance? I have been an installer off and on since the early 80's and am very picky about detail when it comes to installs, especially the head unit. I have been tossing the idea around of installing a full size unit but I really don't need much more than the ability to play from a thumb drive, control a couple of amplifiers, and have GPS. That screen looks nice. It'd be nice for watching movies on long trips ;)

Installed 1.25" Front Seat Risers:
StreetRays Billet CNC Machined Jeep Wrangler 97-06 Front Seat Risers Spacers Kit (MADE IN USA)
Raw Aluminum (Plain) Finish

Hardware was included but I went to Ace and got some beefier washers...you can see why. The little washer was falling through the hole of the seat mount if not positioned almost perfectly.--overall I'm pleased.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/273059104791

View attachment 69743

View attachment 69744

View attachment 69745

I tried to get the drivers seat out lastnight but failed. The back bolt just sat and spun and the front one once it starts to come out the top bolt pinches the socket wrench and cant move anymore.how did you get them out?

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Not all done today, but over the last couple of weeks:

1. Installed new LED headlights
2. Installed a new OEM drag link and OME steering stabilizer
3. Paid to have a metalcloak adjustable front track bar installed (my drill wouldn’t cut through the steel, even though I had the proper drill bits and used cutting oil)
4. Installed the Rugged Ridge adjustable third brake light (so I don’t get a ticket when I move to CA this month)

3ac17467979f41add643fa38530aa192.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Installed fog light bumper bar and Hella Fog lights. Also, removed front milk jugs and replaced with end caps. Save the rear milk jugs and end caps for tomorrow.

Finally finished putting my front seat back together. Got distracted by a couple things...but they look AWESOME now. The colors are much brighter than before, the foam is nice and tight again, and I've removed another rusty area from my jeep. :)

View attachment 72480

View attachment 72481

Do you have a writeup on this process my seats are gross as can be from the PO.

View attachment 72480

View attachment 72481

Also I see that you just took the slider part out not the whole frame?

Also I see that you just took the slider part out not the whole frame?
No Write-up yet, but if you look up @jeepndogs' build thread, I think he details how to tear the seats down. I pulled everything...from the floor up. 4 bolts to remove them from the jeep (watch the seatbelt reminder wires on the Drivers side) and then worked on them on my workbench.

After you get the seats out, there are 8 bolts holding the seats to the bases. Remove them (two in front on the sides, 4 on the seat back pivots, and 2 in the very back of the seat, under the seat back), then the seatbelt catch, and the actual cushions will come off. At that point you can pull the front edge of the upholstery off from underneath and the back will separate from the bottom. Pretty easy from then on. Just take your time and look how its put together.

Reactions: RussTJ and Brad W