What did you do to your TJ today?

I got my dash lights on superbright as well, works great but now not dimmable. Any thoughts?

I’m OK with that. I don’t recall ever dimming the dash lights in any of my vehicles over the years other than to see what a dimmer dash would look like. Never liked it so I would immediately turn it back up.

Question for those that converted to double din: Any fear of theft? I park mine in the garage nightly, but it frequently gets parked at trailheads for hikes, and in hotel parking lots when out of state for trail rides. Most of y'all have hardtops, or better security? I'd love to make the jump to a real DD head unit, just worry it'll get swiped.

I don't have a double DIN, but my opinion about theft is, double DIN is no more appealing to a thief, than single DIN. If somebody breaks in, they're most likely to take other things that re easier to steal. Years ago my car was ransacked. It was in my driveway unlocked. They were looking for loose change, CD, cassettes, etc. The police said I was one of 12 people who's car was broken into, over a several mile radius. The thieves only took things not bolted down, and no credit cards, if they were present. Now my car is locked in the driveway.

The thieves in your area might not be as considerate as the thieves my area.

Reactions: JeepZilla380
Instead of spending $70+ on adjustables, I installed front WJ swaybar links in the rear . They were the exact length that I needed to achieve 10*. The only mod that I needed to do was machine the steel bushing insert out to a hair under 14mm so that I could use the stock TJ bolts. Haven't drove it yet but I'm pretty eager...

Going to install new Husky liners in the front tonight. Snagged some rear ones for $20 off Craigslist. Not so lucky with the fronts. Being gray doesn't help either....... But anyway, carpet will be protected especially since we just got around 7" snow ;) Let'r eat !!!!

I don't see any pictures? How did the seat covers turn out?
How do you like the BedRug?
"Pictures or it didn't happen".

Actually, Take a look at post 8705 - https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/what-did-you-do-to-your-tj-today.1784/post-283969 Shows Bedrug install before, during and after. Love the Bedrug. Already had the Mat in my F-150 bed. This was just remounting sub and cap from the original install. Seat covers went well. A lot of pulling and tugging to get in place. Will have to get some pics.

Reactions: Jpodell
Looks great. Question for those that converted to double din: Any fear of theft? I park mine in the garage nightly, but it frequently gets parked at trailheads for hikes, and in hotel parking lots when out of state for trail rides. Most of y'all have hardtops, or better security? I'd love to make the jump to a real DD head unit, just worry it'll get swiped.
It is a concern, but hopefully having a hardtop will help. Another reason I bought the low end Kenwood system. And if someone does steal it, hopefully they won’t do too much damage. At least have the courtesy to unplug everything....lol

Reactions: mikespine
Looks great. Question for those that converted to double din: Any fear of theft? I park mine in the garage nightly, but it frequently gets parked at trailheads for hikes, and in hotel parking lots when out of state for trail rides. Most of y'all have hardtops, or better security? I'd love to make the jump to a real DD head unit, just worry it'll get swiped.

I don’t really think about it, though I live in a fairly safe suburb and in the very rare case I go down town it’s either in a parking garage or a pretty well trafficked street, rarely after business hours.

You could do some more obscure screw heads for the panel and mount screws, but that probably increases the damage likelihood.

Reactions: JeepZilla380
I have stock springs with 2” spacers! Going to swap to 2” springs. The Jeep drives great with the spacers so I’m just going to swap! Hopefully it still drives as good after the swap! Question is Old Man Emu or Teraflex springs? Anyone have experience?

I have stock springs with 2” spacers! Going to swap to 2” springs. The Jeep drives great with the spacers so I’m just going to swap! Hopefully it still drives as good after the swap! Question is Old Man Emu or Teraflex springs? Anyone have experience?

Few folks here love Teraflex, so I’d bet on OME (which is my build plan as well).

Reactions: Mike JF
Few days ago, installed powertrax

598CFC3B-0E36-4986-9D70-A03934F17FD5.jpeg

C6D67D23-77DE-486C-810F-7182CE30B808.jpeg

Got the install finished on the Kicker CompRT finished in the console. I cannot believe how good that thing sounds! I paired it with the Kicker pxa300.4 amp and ran it bridged, with the sub wired in parallel to the dual coils. Eventually, I'll use that amp to power the dash and power bar speakers, and use a pxa200.1 monoblock to power the sub. I kinda hate doing it in stages, but the cash is a trickle, and I really would rather have the double din Android system in first.

I don't take any pics during the install since it's quite a common job, and there's a great how-to already. The only real difference I made was that I installed the amp under the driver seat since it will be a good place to distribute leads
from later when it's powering the dash and sound bar.

One interesting thing to note was that I had thought that the originally installed sub was still in there. When breaking the enclosure apart I found that it has been swapped with the quadratec replacement. It's still in great shape, but just couldn't hold a candle to the setup I've got going now! If you've been thinking of doing this mod, don't hesitate. It's well worth it!

See if these will help with my steering not returning to center problem
4bfcc6a9e45056a11ca86afd722bd42b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk