What did you do to your TJ today?

Driving cross country and picked this up at our first stop. Luckily I keep a full size spare.

I’m going to try and get it patched this weekend while I’m stopped at my family’s house in Texas.
View attachment 74305

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope they did you right. I'm from Amarillo which is on I-40, the first East/West highway.

Reactions: zip04
Added some grab bars. Stay tuned for more.
5520FA36-1DA1-4E43-B9BD-71DEC36CEC35.jpeg

Nope. Plug and play.

The only thing I had to do was adjust the beam so I wouldn’t blind oncoming traffic. Expecting that already, I just parked facing a wall, turned on my factory lights and put a piece of electrical tape where the center of each light shined, installed the new lights, and adjusted them to the same spot on the wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok will definitely look into these since they're a fraction of jws. Thanks again

Finished the install on a couple minor things so they looked cleaner, then cleared the junk/garbage out of my back seat. This lead me to lean even more toward removing the back seat once the winter weather ends for the season.

Then since its Saturday took the weekly road trip to visit friends.

Well this has been a couple week adventure, but I got it done tonight.

Replaced freeze plugs, Clutch, FLywheel, Fork, pivot, front trans seal, trans fluid, intake and exhaust gasket, waterpump. tstat, and all of the hoses and coolant.

IMG-0724.JPG

IMG-0782.JPG
IMG-0783.JPG

IMG-0788.JPG
IMG-0789.JPG

Finally drove it out of the shop tonight no leaks!

Well this has been a couple week adventure, but I got it done tonight.

Replaced freeze plugs, Clutch, FLywheel, Fork, pivot, front trans seal, trans fluid, intake and exhaust gasket, waterpump. tstat, and all of the hoses and coolant.

View attachment 74444
View attachment 74441View attachment 74442
View attachment 74445View attachment 74443

Finally drove it out of the shop tonight no leaks!
Wow! Nice job! And NO leaks!
Gives you time to drive it around some to make sure everything is okay before heading to Utah. :)
How did the driveway turn out?

Reactions: ac_
Today's plan is to get back on the receiver hitch after I haul some junk off with the tractor as right now that ol' Farmall is all I have to pull the trailer with.

Reactions: ac_ and mikespine
This is stupid, I'm not replacing another dang cap everytime I change the oil.
Found a nicely shaped piece of ice that fits around the cap to cool it though.
20190127_110657.jpg

This is stupid, I'm not replacing another dang cap everytime I change the oil.
Found a nicely shaped piece of ice that fits around the cap to cool it though.
View attachment 74514

I just discovered this problem. Went to add oil after I got back from buying a new dipstick and couldn't get the dumb cap off. Had to wait about 2 hours or so, for the motor to cool off. I was thinking, sure hope I don't need to add oil during a trip somewhere. Hate to have to wait a few hours to get back on the road. So I'm guessing they don't make a normal cap that doesn't have the 'click' feature? LOL

FBC26B89-62A3-42D1-B5F6-25FE7DB107C5.jpeg

Took the bumper off, removed the bumperettes up front, cleaned and painted it and the two hooks with the same paint as the grill. Also used the plastic heating trick on the sway bar cover and it worked out pretty good I think. Today I will finally install the spark plugs that have been sitting on my work bench for weeks.

I have been thinking about getting some of those. How do you like them? They pretty much out of the way as far as entering and exiting? They just appear to stick out kind of far, but it's hard to tell in pics. :D
I have to get used to using them. I’d always grab the steering wheel when getting in the Jeep and I wanted to get away from that habit. Everyone seems to love them so I thought I’d try them. I replaced the factory screws with a hex head style bolt and will paint them at some point.