What did you do to your TJ today?

Okay.....the reason for selling your other wheels. Found your other thread on the conversion. Nice that it fixed your vibe problem. I like your new wheels.

The new Pro Comp 1069 polished aluminum wheels are basically the same as the old Pro Comp 7069 wheels but without the rock rings. At $104 each they are one of the least expensive aluminum wheels on the market and not much more than "D window" or "Soft 8" steelies. They are the functional equivalent of the chrome rims we used to put on CJ's back in the day when we wanted something cheaply and easily replaceable if/when damaged.

Bought gas! Question, every time I fill up the gas backs out of the filler neck and runs down the side. No matter how slow i fill it, it still splashes out! Anyone else have this issue?

Bought gas! Question, every time I fill up the gas backs out of the filler neck and runs down the side. No matter how slow i fill it, it still splashes out! Anyone else have this issue?

I had that issue, but I replaced my filler hose with a Ford or GM part. Search the "How To" section, I think that's where I got my information.

Reactions: rasband and Mike JF
Did the super difficult, overly time consuming, and painful job of installing led brake light bulbs. They look great, and even Ray Charles gave me a thumbs up. Now my blinkers hyperflash, and while I was at at stoplight the people in the car behind me got out and started dancing like it was a disco or something.
How embarrassing. Now I need to read up on here to find out how to slow it down to normal. I hate disco. Living through it once was enough.

Last edited:
I had that issue, but I replaced my filler hose with a Ford or GM part. Search the "How To" section, I think that's where I got my information.

I keep meaning to do this mod, hopefully when I have a garage next month! Until then I’ve learned the auditory sounds to listen for and grab it pre spill (probably 80-85% of the time). The worst is when it’s at Costco and they don’t have the windshield washers to clean it up with...

I keep meaning to do this mod, hopefully when I have a garage next month!

If I were to do it a second time, it might take an hour. The first time I do something usually takes a little longer. I removed my fender liner and fender flare. The fender flare was a PITA, because of stripped or hard to reach hardware. After I finished, I realized I didn't have to remove the fender flare.

Reactions: rasband
If I were to do it a second time, it might take an hour. The first time I do something usually takes a little longer. I removed my fender liner and fender flare. The fender flare was a PITA, because of stripped or hard to reach hardware. After I finished, I realized I didn't have to remove the fender flare.

That’s a great tip, thank you! I agree with your experience - the first time I do anything on my TJ it’s the same. Slower then faster, I love the experience here like yours to help the slower be less slow!

This was one of the first things I fixed. It looks more difficult than it actually is. I thought the hardest part was getting the electrical plugs apart. Find this video on YouTube and it shows you how to fix it. Sorry but I don’t know how to post the video but you will find it.
08347231-8531-4AAE-B218-0CE9F9A141EC.png

Reactions: Mike JF
Looks great. I too have 3.07s but with 31" tires and she is a dog on hills. How does your girl ride with 32s and 3.07s?
I have to be honest, it drives great, up hills, on the motorway, or just on local roads, it's never felt like a slouch to drive, Ive never once thought 5 gear is useless, with 31's or the now fitted 32's

Reactions: Fonz54 and KCsTJ
Lazy day. Put on highway pegs. It has been a perfect couple of days highs in the low 70s.
@ac_ i hope you get your jeep out soon.

View attachment 74962
Wish I could use footpegs..I like those.
We have a bit of a mini heatwave coming through this week 85 degrees..which is warm for us...just wish the wind would drop off a little.

Wish I could use footpegs..I like those.
We have a bit of a mini heatwave coming through this week 85 degrees..which is warm for us...just wish the wind would drop off a little.
Am I to assume you can't because your steering wheel is on the right, and the foot peg would be for your throttle foot?

Reactions: RussTJ and Kiwi TJ
Am I to assume you can't because your steering wheel is on the right, and the foot peg would be for your throttle foot?
You assume correctly sir...I could use one but with my foot on the peg I'd just be idling ...great way to save gas though haha

For all you guys huddled up by the fire. I just switched to spring mode.

View attachment 74343
I always like to see this beautiful blue jeep on here.

Please tell me it's not that warm there already! Man , North Alabama is freezing .

I run the same size tire and lift set up or close , I really like it , and think it looks to scale with a TJ.

Reactions: ac_
I always like to see this beautiful blue jeep on here.

Please tell me it's not that warm there already! Man , North Alabama is freezing .

I run the same size tire and lift set up or close , I really like it , and think it looks to scale with a TJ.
Today was 72 degrees High. Light jacket and it was perfect from 11am to 5pm