What did you do to your TJ today?

Well, I haven't quite done it yet, but I got the process started. Made a windshield sticker for my windshield. LOL I also made a "the" sticker. Just need to figure out how I want to place it inconjuction with the actual sticker. Oh, excuse the messy desk. LOL Oh, and as you can see in the pics, I got some grille inserts. LOL Just waiting for the weather to warm up a bit to install them. :D

Yesterday I swapped out the dash mounted, over the glove box grab bar with one in black. Balances the color scheme on the dash quite nicely. Then re-hung the lucky surfboard on the new bar.

Went for burritos at the local taco place and the kid working the drive-thru was quite possibly a Jeep fan. He had a lot of comments/questions about TJ's, sports vs SE's, in-lines vs V's, and even noticed some of the changes from stock I've made. It was a pleasant yet interesting time.

Yesterday I swapped out the dash mounted, over the glove box grab bar with one in black. Balances the color scheme on the dash quite nicely. Then re-hung the lucky surfboard on the new bar.

Went for burritos at the local taco place and the kid working the drive-thru was quite possibly a Jeep fan. He had a lot of comments/questions about TJ's, sports vs SE's, in-lines vs V's, and even noticed some of the changes from stock I've made. It was a pleasant yet interesting time.
I don't see a picture?

Reactions: RussTJ
With a trail ride planned this coming Saturday with the Jeep group I signed up for, I figured I should probably get my rear bumper tied in to the frame so I can use it for recovery if needed. I've only had the tie-ins since Thanksgiving!

Also..I have a broken bolt in my rear bumper mounting scheme. It's mostly drilled out now. I sprayed it down with kroil and I'm letting it set overnight to try and save the threads. Rusty but trusty, as they say in most used car ads around here.

With a trail ride planned this coming Saturday with the Jeep group I signed up for, I figured I should probably get my rear bumper tied in to the frame so I can use it for recovery if needed. I've only had the tie-ins since Thanksgiving!
Yes, having your bumper actually connected to the frame is generally a good plan 🤭. Have fun on your ride!

Actually a couple of days work. Took my front bumper off. Broke off 5 of 6 bolts. Used plasma cutter to cut off old nuts. Re-welded nuts to frame. Welded on some D ring mounts. Repainted the bumper and installed new winch. Took the weekend off to take my wife for a concert and wine tasting to offset all the boxes showing up at the house lately.

20190210_193539.jpg

Went to my local pick-n-pull and got a new tailgate, cowl panel, driver's seatbelt and antenna (and a few misc pieces and fasteners). Plus opened the box with my ZJ tie rod conversion parts and ordered an AGM battery from NAPA.

Installed a push button starter override as my ignition switch is being temper-mental....temporary of course til I get the new switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Installed some chrome diff covers I got from a local guy for $40. Included lube locker gaskets and stainless hardware. Wanted to add a little color difference to my all black rig:
73dc83192e7c28fed339f2061d6a7ddc.jpg

ad63dccb46fcda81b199059d3f81e236.jpg

Also gave me an excuse to finally change the diff oil. Stuff was black and nasty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered the Mopar aluminum gas cover and had it powder coated black locally. Powder cost me more than the part but the result was well worth it because it looks awesome. The quality of this cover was a pleasant surprise as well.

I also installed the Moryde Rotopax mount to my hinges. The fit is tight but super solid and really a perfect spot to carry a container.

E83846A9-499F-4848-BAEA-CA4E3E899FDF.jpeg

Was in dire need of a tire balance so got that done just this morning, rides much better now.

To the chagrin of my wife I installed the replacement iSimple FM modulator Bluetooth adapter so I can stream music and calls from my phone to the stock stereo.

I didn't get time to tear the dash apart and get the mic in so I haven't tested calls but I have been able to listen to music on it and it sounds great to me! My only complaint is the default station is 98.1, I typically listen to stations in a range from 97.3 to 106.7 and it turned all of those into pure static. Using the iOS app (there's an Android one too) I changed the station as low as I could to 88.1 and got all my stations back in full clarity. I guess if I have a second complaint it's that it requires an app in order to change the station, I don't mind the feature, but I would like to be able to do it on the unit itself as well.

Other than the obvious added feature of Bluetooth on a stock stereo I also like the fact that this thing connects FAST. Within two seconds my iPhone 8 is connected to it. Definitely a nice feature because 88.1 is static here so it'd bug the crap out of me if I had to listen to static for a while every time I jumped in.

Here's the Amazon link again in case anyone is interested. @wigsajumper was interested to see how it worked out for me, so I'm tagging you!

Oh, also hit 120,000 yesterday!

Reactions: mikespine
Went to my local pick-n-pull and got a new tailgate, cowl panel, driver's seatbelt and antenna (and a few misc pieces and fasteners). Plus opened the box with my ZJ tie rod conversion parts and ordered an AGM battery from NAPA.

Wow, your lucky to have one at your Pic n Pull. The closest Jeep Wrangler in a Pic n Pull near me is 930 miles away. LOL

Reactions: M35A2
Wow, your lucky to have one at your Pic n Pull. The closest Jeep Wrangler in a Pic n Pull near me is 930 miles away. LOL

Oh, it was definitely a stroke of luck. There was ONE there and it was pretty much skeletonized. I got a tailgate (which I didn't really need), a cowl panel and a seatbelt, plus some miscellaneous bits and bobs that I tossed into my toolbox. I was looking for a door and a top. Lol.