What did you do to your TJ today?

I thought of that and was planning on it, but little did I know, the cover does not unzip or Velcro. It appears to be a solid piece. I then thought of maybe running a cloths line through it to pull the mic to the opening, but I was afraid of messing up the mic and I had already buttoned up the dash (for the second time, LOL, forgot to plug said mic in the first time). So I didn't want to undo the dash to unplug and then run the that end through the padding. I may try to get it through the padding before I start letting the top down.
puts on Electricians hat
grab a piece of a flexible stick? i.e. tent pole, fiberglass flag whip, even a hanger.
pull the cover open with your thumb, make sure there is enough room for the mic to go through.
if there is not, you will have to put it in backwards

put the mic at the end of said stick, and use electrical tape to wrap it enough to protect it.
run a couple of wraps along the mic wire to protect it as well. then thread the stick through!

upwrap and you are good to go!
* takes off Electricians hat*
sorry, was an electrician for 20 years..

added some molle for more storage,
Smittybuilt Overhead console - added foam underneath to firm it up
Justice off-road - its a bitch to get the holes right!
for the rear tailgate

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
puts on Electricians hat
grab a piece of a flexible stick? i.e. tent pole, fiberglass flag whip, even a hanger.
pull the cover open with your thumb, make sure there is enough room for the mic to go through.
if there is not, you will have to put it in backwards

put the mic at the end of said stick, and use electrical tape to wrap it enough to protect it.
run a couple of wraps along the mic wire to protect it as well. then thread the stick through!

upwrap and you are good to go!
* takes off Electricians hat*
sorry, was an electrician for 20 years..

LOL, yah I said "cloths line" but meant cloths hanger. Oops. LOL Anyway, I may try that, again, I was just worried about messing up the mic. Mainly, making it all sticky from the tape, but I think I will try painters tape. I can't go the opposite way right now as I don't feel like taking the dash back apart to get to the other end of the mic wire.

Reactions: Twopoint
Nice fix....those annoying whistles drive you round the bend....I didn't think I hand one as I couldn't hear it, then a mate of mine pointed it out to me then I couldn't 'unhear' it haha....mine was an easier fix though

Reactions: Snadler
Reactions: Snadler
Ordered this from ebay. Gonna pick up new shifter knobs soon and like that old CJ look. I think that I got the last one but they'll pop up again or may be listed differently. A few months ago I had saved the link for this shifter and when I went to order it they were sold out. Found it again this morning and didn't hesitate this time.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=132937839346

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Dug into the ignition issue I was having with a new ignition switch. Three sizes of safety hex but that actually made reassembly easier. Minimal cussing, which is always surprising dealing with 20 year old plastic bits.

Fired right up and we immediately splashed through some puddles to “check on the property”.

Reactions: RussTJ
Ordered this from ebay. Gonna pick up new shifter knobs soon and like that old CJ look. I think that I got the last one but they'll pop up again or may be listed differently. A few months ago I had saved the link for this shifter and when I went to order it they were sold out. Found it again this morning and didn't hesitate this time.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=132937839346View attachment 77823

See the info @glwood posted here:

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/glwoods-2004-jeep-wrangler-rubicon.9356/post-234323

Last edited:
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.