What did you do to your TJ today?

Installed my safety Thimbal and put a couple soft shackles in my gear back. Hung the Heavy Bow shackles on the wall of my garage...Still need to "set" the tail end in the rope, but I did a lock stitch so its not coming off.

If you dont mind me asking, how much did you need for each side and are you doing the rear floor/shelf too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got a 36 sq ft pack, it was enough to do the entire back and driver side with 1 piece left over. I just ordered a door pack to finish the passenger side.

Reactions: ac_ and B4_685
Installed a 2200 uF Electrolytic capacitor and diode in to the switched acc line just prior to the Pioneer stereo headunit to keep my bluetooth connection alive during key switch movement

View attachment 79549

So, I hate that between the ACC and starting up the Jeep you lose your radio, and subsequently, BT connectivity. What in the sweet awesomeness did you do and how to not have that happen?!?!

So, I hate that between the ACC and starting up the Jeep you lose your radio, and subsequently, BT connectivity. What in the sweet awesomeness did you do and how to not have that happen?!?!

2200uF in the jeep with the diode gives about 6 seconds of on time after the circuit is interrupted so works just fine with the TJ setup. I also wired up a pushbutton start because my ignition switch is faulty and havent ordered a new one yet - this was when I noticed what you said about the crank position turning the acc off - and looked for a fix - was going to use a power mosfet , capacitors and a few resistors but this is so much more simple and is only 2 passive components.

Last edited:
Installed all new steering parts and the adjustable front track bar. Got everything aligned and greased. Steering wheel should be close to center but will undoubtedly require some final tweaking.
Also got the new rear control arms torqued and greased. And power-washed all the crud out of the skid plate in anticipation of changing the trans and tcase fluid tomorrow.

Reactions: ac_