What did you do to your TJ today?

Between the rain and cold along with my unheated shop and Dr's appointments, not much has been getting done. I've got a box with a bunch of uninstalled this and that, but first I need to finish drilling out those broken off bottom bumper bolts so I can finish putting the hitch receiver on. (and put the back bumper back on)

The only good days we've had, I've had to be elsewhere so very little progress. At least it's still driveable.

Gave it a well deserved detail for the weekend😍

And a new bumper yesterday.

Dude . Careful in that thing.

Always try to be careful, but it’s a Jeep and I use it like one, so it’s gonna get stuck every now and then.
Was a fun one to recover though as each pull rocked the passenger side into the other side of the ditch

Bought my 2006 last Saturday.

Today I swapped on new TM9 wheels with 35 inch BFG KM3s. New pads and rotors up front. Snapped a bleeder screw at the right rear, so that was a lot of fun.

Removed Xenon flares and tinted bug shield from the hood.

Still gotta do the rear brakes and rotors and I'm swapping all ujoints. PO was not very maintenance minded.

Supposed to get some thunderstorms tomorrow ,so I am probably done for the weekend.

Attached is the before pic. If the weather is decent, I'll take one tomorrow of how it sits now.

This place is great by the way. I've been an XJ guy for years, so I have been reading a lot here.

Well I was up all night, but I finally finished Robyns Jeep.
2" OME HD lift with Nitro charger HD shocks, JKS disco's, brand new Mopar pitman arm, and ZJ steering complete with a @Jerry Bransford front end alignment, new wheels and tires(my hand me downs), hood decals. and a $5.00 hand carwash.

Anybody want to buy a drop pitman arm for 2 bits?

Last edited:
I'm going to take mine on some gravel and mud trails today out in the AEP Recreation Lands to do some fishing and see how the new tires work. Will report back with pics later.

Reactions: ac_
Well I was up all night, but I finally finished Robyns Jeep.
2" OME HD lift with Nitro charger HD shocks, JKS disco's, brand new Mopar pitman arm, and ZJ steering complete with a @Jerry Bransford front end alignment, new wheels and tires(my hand me downs), hood decals. and a $5.00 hand carwash.

View attachment 81378

Anybody want to buy a dropped pitman arm for 2 bits?
Up all night doing all that work yourself.... You're a Wild man! Well....at least you have all day today (Sunday) to sleep as long as you want. Good job!

Reactions: ac_
Daytime after shot.

PO didn't get the masking tape down exact before spraying the flares, so there's a bit of overspray on the fenders.

Probably gonna snag a used pair of factory flares for the rear and trim the fronts down flatter.

did some maintenance. bought it last weekend, has 184,000+ miles. started with the throttle body, cleaned the IAC, cleaned the MAF, fixed the busted hood light, put on front seat covers, and then i got to the spark plugs

after all the work i could see was done by the dealer i bought it from i assumed that spark plugs were part of it, but they weren't. im trying to imagine what it was running like before but i didn't think it was "bad" for a 14 year old 180k mile vehicle. after i replaced them and cleaned everything up it's feeling pretty smooth.

first 2 sheared off upon removal. i really have no clue how that happened unless the sudden jolt from them loosening cracked them instantly :unsure:

pretty gnarly

none of them even registered on my gap tool lol

i was originally going to take them out and inspect since i wasn't feeling anything major (i thought). i normally drive a 2018 GC or my 15 ram, so when i started driving the tj i was just assuming any roughness was from an old inline 6

but after i took them out i did a quick run to pepboys and got some basic coppers. im not concerned about longevity since im probably not going to be putting more than 5k a year on it, probably not even 2k.