What did you do to your TJ today?

You did a great job on that platform. Where it extends over the rear seat foot area, does it have any support under the platform? What were the overall dimension and how thick is the wood for your platform? Lots of tricky cutouts.

Thanks! It's 3/4 inch plywood and I cut the board 36" x 42". I could have routed around the seat brackets to fit so it would be flat there, but I didn't so oh well. It didn't seem like it needed support near the foot area so I didn't add any. The whole platform is secured in place by 4 L brackets.

Where did you get the cover?

I picked it up from redline

http://www.redlinegoods.com/Wrangler9702shiftboot.php
to get it installed, I cut a piece of wood to fit inside the cover adapter, removing enough for the leather
I then cut out the center leaving about 5/8 around the outside. beveling the top so it would not hit the stick
and trimmed the outside corners to allow for the seams

Thanks! It's 3/4 inch plywood and I cut the board 36" x 42". I could have routed around the seat brackets to fit so it would be flat there, but I didn't so oh well. It didn't seem like it needed support near the foot area so I didn't add any. The whole platform is secured in place by 4 L brackets.
I thought your routing looked very profesional. Overall A+

Reactions: JadeTheJeep
I got my new Smittybuilt X2O synthetic winch mostly installed. One thing the instructions didn’t say is how to install the rope. I’ve read that you spool it from the bottom. I believe you also push the fabric wrapping around the rope that is contacting the drum itself. Can someone confirm that for me??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mikespine
Completed the Ford 8.8 rebuild. I had planned an Eaton ELocker, but for some reason Eaton says none are available for this axle until December. Just put the stock LSD carrier back in for now.
(Pictures appear out of order - the second picture is the rear end as is from junk yard, the first pic is with the brackets welded in place)

EB4428CC-6D34-496E-A162-D346DE59B6EA.jpeg

9C3C01F0-7276-4862-9E8A-4C1B726423FD.jpeg

311B519D-800E-4ED1-9017-68F2B9FD51E8.jpeg

434520AB-E0D8-4386-A37C-613A703F7512.jpeg

Didn't think I was going to get anything else done today, but hubby came home and decided to help me build my box for the back of the Jeep. Just needs some stain and then we can attach it to the tracks. Eventually I will be making a top that will fold twice. Once in the middle then another at the end. That way I can store my stuff in it when the top is off and have things a bit more secure. :D

3F0IsjrAQHqsRN+1Z1YZXw.jpg