What did you do to your TJ today?

Took the fenders off to wire wheel, prime and paint inner fenders, re-located and plumbed lockers and finally added a windshield washer fluid reservoir and then re-oriented the charcoal canister to eliminate any vibrations
3F68C6DC-6C12-4D28-892D-5107CA827B6C.png

I
Tightened up some of the damn worm type hose clamps on my cooling system that were leaking. I hate those damn things and can't wait to change them out to the factory constant tension clamps when I redo my cooling system coming up soon.
I just got a quote new clamps for my lower radiator hose from the stealership, $30 for the two. That seems absurd.

Reactions: ac_
That does seem crazy, but if it makes you feel any better. I just paid 30 bucks for a new track bar bolt and nut.
It does, we can suffer together. Lower hose at the radiator connection is leaking, rather replace the rusty clamp with a new OEM clamp than try with a $2.00 worm gear that's likely to fail.

I also had to buy a track bar bolt and flag nut from the dealer, mine broke after a day of wheeling. To be fair it was not an OEM bolt or nut at the time. Worth it to have the flag nut, much easier to deal with and torqued down

I found this, which I'm pretty sure is the cause of my evap leak :)

20190325_144259.jpg

And this, which I'm think is either the rear main seal leak I've read so much about or an oil pan gasket leak... not sure which. YAY :)

20190325_145015.jpg

Last edited:
I thought I had a RMS leaking too a couple years ago. Turned out to be the oil pan gasket.

It's warming up, and I'm about ready to take the doors off.

Anyone recognize the base to this mirror? The PO didn't leave it in the Jeep when he dropped it at the dealership.
20190313_100702.jpg

It's warming up, and I'm about ready to take the doors off.

Anyone recognize the base to this mirror? The PO didn't leave it in the Jeep when he dropped it at the dealership.View attachment 84432
I can't imagine how that could be a mirror mount. It sits pretty flush and there is no room to thread anything through. Maybe someone can help. FYI here is a similar pic of mine without any mirror mount.
d38UQIu7Rui4RUo6nj7i9g.jpg