What did you do to your TJ today?

Finally installed the box last night....
box.jpg
box2.JPG

I like it. I used to keep my detailing stuff in ammo boxes back when I did car shows. My headliner and sub box were covered with surplus store tarp material.
They're pretty handy...I have one for long trips I load up

Did you check the tongue weight on that setup? It kinda looks like it might be a bit light in the front.
I think that might be because I don’t have a drop hitch, the trailer wasn’t level to start. But the rear of my truck dropped 3.5 inches which is usually how much it drops when I have just the Jeep on it but farther forward. But I prob should buy or borrow a tongue weight scale

Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt
I think that might be because I don’t have a drop hitch, the trailer wasn’t level to start. But the rear of my truck dropped 3.5 inches which is usually how much it drops when I have just the Jeep on it but farther forward. But I prob should buy or borrow a tongue weight scale

I love my airlift helper springs for my ram, no squat at all when I load the bed or attach the camper.

You would definitely need a drop on that hutch if you leveled your truck back up

Full color? Do the halos and rock lights work off one control or do you have to do each separately? (Asking for a friend...

Not really. Not my thing on a jeep, but i like electronics, controls, etc.)
yes full color and you can control them together or separately they also work off the turn signals so when the turn signal is engaged the rock lights and the head lights blink amber

(y)It needed to have some purple down the side to tie everything in? why the name Zambo ?
whats on your hood?

I'm eventually going to remove the black pin striping and make it purple. That should tie things in better. LOL What is on the hood is the reason for the name Zambo. See pic. :D That is what is under the PPE's foot. I figure his name is Zambo, the purple people eater.

I did research it and couldn't find anything related to it though, as far as why it is on the art work for the PPE. I did find this,
"Zambo is a term of Spanish origin describing Latin Americans of mixed African and Amerindian racial descent".

I didn't feel that was anything bad, so I went ahead with the naming. :D

oCK4rK1lRQiDEbyFs+TkwA.jpg

This is the original art work that I got the sticker from.

5f043ecc7855fee88474f9a0f58e3ce1.599x602x1.jpg

Reactions: matkal
Well technically it wasn’t today but I bought some used stock bumpers and a rust free tailgate. Broke all four bolts holding the trailer hitch I had to remove to install the rear bumper.

Took it to a shop for a muffler and tailpipe and to have some holes in the “Y” (?) pipe welded. Also had him check the steering. Picked it up today.
Good news: he said I didn’t need a muffler and tailpipe, he just welded new hangers on it!

Bad news: lower steering shaft is shot. Dealer wants $400 for the part and he wanted $100 to install it.

I asked if it was safe to drive to which he replied “ I wouldn’t drive it “. I drove it home. Lol. I’ve got a line on used steering shafts from an 05 with 50k on it(mine has 310k). I’m gonna pick those up and put them in myself.

Worked on cutting snubbers to fix my spare tire mounting situation. But I'm about to go to HF and pick up four or five of those cheap rubber hammers they have. They work great in place of snubbers. Cutting and stacking these snubbers is getting to be a messy PITA. I think the rubber hammer heads will make a much cleaner fix.
Here is a post about my solution that has worked well for the last 10 years.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...-or-rubber-tailgate-bumpers.18498/post-305924

Reactions: azroc909
It's warming up, and I'm about ready to take the doors off.

Anyone recognize the base to this mirror? The PO didn't leave it in the Jeep when he dropped it at the dealership.View attachment 84432

Sorry for the delay. Went to Cali for niece's wedding. Those are Lange Mirror II mounts. I have these mirrors for doors off running. Here are a couple pics of the install manual.
IMG_20190327_221946.jpg
IMG_20190327_221958.jpg

Here is a post about my solution that has worked well for the last 10 years.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...-or-rubber-tailgate-bumpers.18498/post-305924

You should really make that it's own thread in the how to section. That is the most economical and brilliant solution for this. Cutting extra snubbers is a pain. And you have to buy and stack alot of them if your using an extra bracket. Using the rubber mallets is the way to go. I just got mine home. And am doing this mod now.