What did you do to your TJ today?

Here goes... I've been looking at my Jeep sitting in the driveway and dreaming about posting in a "What Did You Do To Your Jeep" thread for about a decade...

Can't say it was only one day, but over the last two weeks:

Front axle swap (stock Dana 30 to HP30 w/ 4.56 gears)
Rear axle swap (stock Dana 35 to Ford 8.8 w/ 4.56 gears & an ARB)
Installed a Zone Offroad 4.25" combo kit in place of the piecemeal 2" lift that was on before
Added adjustable upper and lower control arms (Ebay brand uppers, Core 4x4 lowers)
Rusty's Offroad adjustable front track
Rough Country adjustable rear track bar
ZJ steering swap
35" BFG ATs and new wheels (Craigslist wheels, I can't figure out the brand)
Smittybilt SRC front stinger bumper

BEFORE:

AFTER:

I like the look a lot better, but I'm loving the way it drives even more.

I had a pretty productive weekend with the Jeep. I installed a JB Conversions Super Short SYE and a Teraflex 2 LO kit. Thank God my SSSYE kit came with a new output housing! Mine didn't survive me taking the dust shield and seal off! It's not often you replace a long shaft with a short shaft for better performance! :ROFLMAO: I also replaced the leaking pinion seal on my 8.8 when I noticed my steering box was leaking. In went a new steering box. I am getting my new driveshaft today. :D Yay! If anyone needs to change-out their steering box, this is the best video I have found. This guy made, what I thought was going to be a PITA, super easy!

Here goes... I've been looking at my Jeep sitting in the driveway and dreaming about posting in a "What Did You Do To Your Jeep" thread for about a decade...

Can't say it was only one day, but over the last two weeks:

Front axle swap (stock Dana 30 to HP30 w/ 4.56 gears)
Rear axle swap (stock Dana 35 to Ford 8.8 w/ 4.56 gears & an ARB)
Installed a Zone Offroad 4.25" combo kit in place of the piecemeal 2" lift that was on before
Added adjustable upper and lower control arms (Ebay brand uppers, Core 4x4 lowers)
Rusty's Offroad adjustable front track
Rough Country adjustable rear track bar
ZJ steering swap
35" BFG ATs and new wheels (Craigslist wheels, I can't figure out the brand)
Smittybilt SRC front stinger bumper

BEFORE:

View attachment 87140

View attachment 87141

AFTER:

View attachment 87142

View attachment 87143

I like the look a lot better, but I'm loving the way it drives even more.
you may want to add a 3/4-1" coil spacer in the front to level it out, you will want this if you decide to run a winch.

I had a pretty productive weekend with the Jeep. I installed a JB Conversions Super Short SYE and a Teraflex 2 LO kit. Thank God my SSSYE kit came with a new output housing! Mine didn't survive me taking the dust shield and seal off! It's not often you replace a long shaft with a short shaft for better performance! :ROFLMAO: I also replaced the leaking pinion seal on my 8.8 when I noticed my steering box was leaking. In went a new steering box. I am getting my new driveshaft today. :D Yay!
View attachment 87151View attachment 87152View attachment 87153View attachment 87154View attachment 87155
Did you replace the chain while you were in there?

you may want to add a 3/4-1" coil spacer in the front to level it out, you will want this if you decide to run a winch.

Thanks, I noticed that... that will probably be in my next round of mods, unless the addition of a rear bumper (on order), and a heavier tire on the back levels it out.

Got tired of waiting on hubby to change my AC Discharge hose so I went out and did it myself. :D Note to self. Even though said hose had holes and was leaking, doesn't mean the system isn't under pressure. LOL I went to disconnect the part that sits next to the radiator and about jumped out of my pants when the thing blew off with a bang. I can still smell that stuff on me. LOL Needless to say, I got it changed but not thrilled on the fit. It has a little gap at the bottom of the top piece. I have taken it off and tried and tried to get it on better, even took a hammer to it to gently tap on it. Still has the gap. I did take it back off to check it with the old one and it does appear to have a little more lip on it. It is holding pressure though because when I took it back off, it let more of whatever was building back up, out.

Also my old one had only 2 seals on the bottom part that goes next to the radiator. The new one had 3. I was just thinking it was different because it is probably aftermarket or something.

I looked the part number up online and this is the hose that say's fits my 99 TJ. Part number is T56721

Now I have to get some stuff to charge the system to see if it is gong to hold it.

JBhmQjjuSu69TWd2KyXcXg.jpg

You can see the gap at the bottom.

71CZtij2TIiojXM73P1MsQ.jpg

New one,

dseEtz5XT3KMayISKo%ysw.jpg

Old one

uim85NyTQp+bpT%aUZu3yg.jpg

The old one is also kind of shaped like a funnel (best way for me to describe it) and the new one is just straight no cone to it.

Like I say, I checked the part number and several places say it's for a 99TJ.

Reactions: dallasdig
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
So today was a new one for me, started the jeep up and noticed I didn't have power steering, so I shut it off and had a look under the hood to find..
file1-2.jpeg
my idler pulley snapped off! So I unwrapped the serpentine belt and figured I was close enough to home to not overheat since it's -8C today.
file2-2.jpeg
I thought wrong. Topped up the coolant with some water bottles and snow and it was time for a little redneck engineering..
file-6.jpeg
Ziptie belt kept the jeep from overheating for the 7 minute drive I had left.
Got it home and changed the idler pulley, tensioner pulley and the serpentine belt this afternoon and she's running great once again.

Gave my Jeep the detail of a lifetime today. Carpet, roll cage padding, seats, dash, console, tub, the works! I had already ripped the dash and console apart before I thought of taking pictures.
547641DC-A04B-48CE-9DDC-D3410F71ED33.jpeg

4EE2364C-D659-4CE8-8F6F-1589813BEB34.jpeg

CFC543FB-F1B2-4244-9333-208FFD1487F1.jpeg

794DE102-7CB3-4E98-9847-095CF14407CC.jpeg

Now my Jeep smells like laundry detergent 😛

So today was a new one for me, started the jeep up and noticed I didn't have power steering, so I shut it off and had a look under the hood to find..
View attachment 87306
my idler pulley snapped off! So I unwrapped the serpentine belt and figured I was close enough to home to not overheat since it's -8C today.
View attachment 87307
I thought wrong. Topped up the coolant with some water bottles and snow and it was time for a little redneck engineering..
View attachment 87308
Ziptie belt kept the jeep from overheating for the 7 minute drive I had left.
Got it home and changed the idler pulley, tensioner pulley and the serpentine belt this afternoon and she's running great once again.
Nice work..great temporary fix.(y)(y)

Reactions: TJFyfe
Got tired of waiting on hubby to change my AC Discharge hose so I went out and did it myself. :D Note to self. Even though said hose had holes and was leaking, doesn't mean the system isn't under pressure. LOL I went to disconnect the part that sits next to the radiator and about jumped out of my pants when the thing blew off with a bang. I can still smell that stuff on me. LOL Needless to say, I got it changed but not thrilled on the fit. It has a little gap at the bottom of the top piece. I have taken it off and tried and tried to get it on better, even took a hammer to it to gently tap on it. Still has the gap. I did take it back off to check it with the old one and it does appear to have a little more lip on it. It is holding pressure though because when I took it back off, it let more of whatever was building back up, out.

Also my old one had only 2 seals on the bottom part that goes next to the radiator. The new one had 3. I was just thinking it was different because it is probably aftermarket or something.

I looked the part number up online and this is the hose that say's fits my 99 TJ. Part number is T56721

Now I have to get some stuff to charge the system to see if it is gong to hold it.

View attachment 87271

You can see the gap at the bottom.

View attachment 87272

New one,

View attachment 87273

Old one

View attachment 87274

The old one is also kind of shaped like a funnel (best way for me to describe it) and the new one is just straight no cone to it.

Like I say, I checked the part number and several places say it's for a 99TJ.

Going to quote my own post! LOL

I put freon (or what ever it is called these days) in it and I now have cold AC! Didn't see any leaks from the connections. Bring on the heat!!! :D