What did you do to your TJ today?

Grand Falls. About an hour east of Flagstaff.

You can see a lot without getting close to the edge. It dries up almost completely so you have to catch the snowmelt or right after a storm.
We should plan a trip up next year or during the monsoons this summer.

Replaced water pump, heater hose pipe, thermostat, hoses, idler bearing and tensioner.
Belt was replaced in January.
Hardest part was getting the spring clamp back on the lower hose at the pump...
20190418_112228.jpg

Replaced water pump, heater hose pipe, thermostat, hoses, idler bearing and tensioner.
Belt was replaced in January.
Hardest part was getting the spring clamp back on the lower hose at the pump...View attachment 89039
I was REALLY confused for a moment...it's upside down!

I paid Firestone to do an alignment, primarily because I just didn’t have time to get to it... and bought their lifetime alignment for $180 (instead of $79/time).

Reactions: TJ Starting
Nice head unit, same one I had. I thought it was a great head unit for the price.
So far I am very happy with it. I needed something with blue tooth, USB and affordable. Such an improvement over the stock setup. Love how this forum has tested products and shares what works and what doesn’t. Great time saver and advice for working on a build.

Rotated tires front to back and had another look at the LH rear drum brake adjuster cable and lever. When I made my final readjustment to the new shoes, drums and park brake lever, I noticed the new self adjuster lever was not contacting the star wheel. No clicky click when adjusting from outside the backing plate. Put the original adjuster lever on and it almost touched the wheel. Put the original cable on and it now has full engagement. You can see the length difference in the spring.

20190418_190051.jpg

20190418_192953.jpg

Edit: just noticed the size of the spring coil wire on the old one vs. the new one. New one is quite stiffer, which pulls the lever up against the adjuster wheel correctly.

Last edited:
Reactions: RussTJ
finished running the cabling and antenna for CB
ran the cable through the roll bar covers all the way to the back passenger corner.
punched a 5/8 hole for a bulkhead fitting the a 2' jumper to the antenna mount on the rear bumper.

So far I am very happy with it. I needed something with blue tooth, USB and affordable. Such an improvement over the stock setup. Love how this forum has tested products and shares what works and what doesn’t. Great time saver and advice for working on a build.

I installed a very similar Kenwood head unit in mine (KMM-BT322U). I love it and also used the advice here in my search.

We should plan a trip up next year or during the monsoons this summer.
I want to go next year, maybe mid March. My daughter lives up there right now so I'm hoping to go up a few times this summer. There are quite a few really mild trails/roads that look nice. I probably won't make it until late June because she has classes, finals, diabetes camp, training in Atlanta for her new promotion, but I'm looking at Schultz Pass to Lockett Meadow next time.

Starting slow but looking for pretty things to look at and dirt to drive on.