What did you do to your TJ today?

Black Magic Brake Pads. Centric Rotors. Solid Diff Covers.

9d57e6ce2083540ab4255c246a89d50b.jpg

31def5d5222f647651c02136e8d9d276.jpg

76835d7a75412b180b7c262016b15277.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is one of the reasons why this forum is so cool. I love seeing others wheel and seeing things I probably wont ever see and sharing. I don't think I would ever imagine seeing a turtle on the trail, but I am really happy you shared this with us! Very Cool!
Thanks 👍
We were about 75 yards from a lake, but the trail was high and dry there. The mud on his back was still quite wet. I think he weighed about 25 pounds. Slipped out of my hands several times before I finally got a good grip.

IMG_4336.jpg

IMG_4456.jpg

Last edited:
Came up with a way to keep my back window from getting so scratched up while it is rolled up.

1uupmwpoQ8md8QayGE8g+g.jpg

First time I rolled it up, it did a real number on it. I was pretty upset to say the least. I even cleaned it before I rolled it up. Now I have 2 little clips that hold the towel up at the top, so I can roll it up in the top too. Didn't see any new scratches so I think it is going to work great. Here in another week or two, I can take it off completely. Just waiting for the "chances" of rain to be gone. LOL

I also pulled a small trailer with it for the first time. Couldn't even tell it was back there!! :D

fullsizeoutput_3737.jpeg

Reactions: overthehill
We'll figure something out. Easy around Phoenix to start, maybe sheep bridge. Definitely going back to grand falls next spring or sooner.
Have you guys been to Box Canyon? It’s close to the city and has some fun stuff. I’d definitely be up for a drive. I took a lot of the bypasses last time because I was alone. I’d love to have trail buddies for another run?

Reactions: dudehitt and ac_
Sycamore creek looks not terrible. Something a stock tj should be aible to do at least most of. I think.

I'm busy with birthdays, surprise retirement parties, and axle shafts, etc. until May 18 but it looks like a pretty good trip to me. If you're interested let know and I'll post it in the regional area.
Sycamore creek was one of my first trips in my old Cherokee years ago. I smashed the catalytic converter pretty bad in the river bed. Ended up getting a junk yard cat and hollowing it out. Passed emissions every year with a hollow cat. It was pre OBD and had to go on the Dyno. Made me love EFI. I wish my old K10 was as easy to emission.

Love that Samurai! Almost bought one yeeeears ago from a used lot but bailed because I didn’t know enough about them. This was pre internet days. Wish I had one now. Maybe someday. And those wheels are perfect. Considering a set for my TJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! I've been thinking about a set for my TJ too, but would have to buy seven, spare tire and....can't have the wheels on my trailer not match the Jeep wheels.
IMG_20180721_150201752.jpg

Have you guys been to Box Canyon? It’s close to the city and has some fun stuff. I’d definitely be up for a drive. I took a lot of the bypasses last time because I was alone. I’d love to have trail buddies for another run?

I haven't been to box canyon, but I am up for it. I didn't know what passes I needed or if any. That is one of my gripes about Arizona, is they separated parks from taxes, so now they have fees, but to make matters worse you need different ones for different places, and I never know which ones. So I have been trying to find places that are free or other people know more than me. I do have a stack of Tonto passes so I am hoping that is that if so I am set.

So far I found free

Boulder ORV just past Lake Pleasant
Sycamore Creek/4 peaks
and back side of Crown King.

Up north I have been to
Cinders
Munds

Once we were up at
Bear Canyon , but I don't if it is free.

I also went quading up in Wickenburg.

Outside of that I would be interested in a run to Box Canyon. I think that is actually in my neck of the woods.

Reactions: Nimbley
I haven't been to box canyon, but I am up for it. I didn't know what passes I needed or if any. That is one of my gripes about Arizona, is they separated parks from taxes, so now they have fees, but to make matters worse you need different ones for different places, and I never know which ones. So I have been trying to find places that are free or other people know more than me. I do have a stack of Tonto passes so I am hoping that is that if so I am set.

So far I found free

Boulder ORV just past Lake Pleasant
Sycamore Creek/4 peaks
and back side of Crown King.

Up north I have been to
Cinders
Munds

Once we were up at
Bear Canyon , but I don't if it is free.

I also went quading up in Wickenburg.

Outside of that I would be interested in a run to Box Canyon. I think that is actually in my neck of the woods.
It’s just east of Florence junction. It does require a state trust land permit. I think it was $14 for the year.

Reactions: ac_
It’s just east of Florence junction. It does require a state trust land permit. I think it was $14 for the year.

Cool I will look into that and add that to the stack of Tonto passes I have. I will hit you up when I get back from Moab and maybe we can go check it ou?

Reactions: Nimbley