What did you do to your TJ today?

Went and bought a rack for the back. I got the ATV style one from Harbor freight because I liked how it angled up. I just didn't think I would be able to get the Hub's to make one that angled, so went this route. It is the 300 pound limit one, to where the ones that come straight out are 500, but I figure I only really want it to haul my bird food back from the feed store. That would weigh about 150. :D

QPXPvl4gQPaEOlA0JAlQbA.jpg

Awesome color on your TJ! Also, curious if those wheels are 16”? I like the proportions to the diameter 🤙

And seeing how you rigged that jet ski on the back, I’ve gotta wonder how the hell the bracket holds up!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks man, not sure if it's Patriot blue or something else. Looks sort of steel blue or blueish grey in different light.
The wheels are 15" Racelines. They look like pretty simple black wheels to me but sure get a lot of compliments.
Not too worried about the brackets. The receiver is rated for 400 lbs and I made an addition to it that should increase that. And the rack itself is an EZSki.... Google it. Lots of guys use it. I've been using it for a couple years on a Chevy Avalanche with no problems.
The issue I am looking at......does the weight back there make the Jeep steering light?

Went and bought a rack for the back. I got the ATV style one from Harbor freight because I liked how it angled up. I just didn't think I would be able to get the Hub's to make one that angled, so went this route. It is the 300 pound limit one, to where the ones that come straight out are 500, but I figure I only really want it to haul my bird food back from the feed store. That would weigh about 150. :D

View attachment 89620
I really like that. It looks great. I agree the angled up seems like a nice feature. Great for putting coolers on when you go to the lake or beach or whatever. I am going to look one of those up I think.

I really like that. It looks great. I agree the angled up seems like a nice feature. Great for putting coolers on when you go to the lake or beach or whatever. I am going to look one of those up I think.

Yah, someone on here actually made his to angle and I really liked it. I just figured it would be easier for me to get this one, instead of trying to get the hubby to make it. LOL The only think I wasn't to thrilled with is that this style doesn't have the bar that goes all the way around, like the actual ones made for cars. But, if it did, it would have hit my spare so it's actually good that it's not there. It also works out because I can still open my back door about 3/4s of the way. So I can load my groceries, then go get my bird feed. :D

Reactions: matkal and ac_

View attachment 89620
I bought the same rack. If you want to fasten it securely, without rattles, this is a great lock.

Reactions: KimsJeep
@Airjunky wow, really though those wheels were 16 iches! What tire height you run? I like the combo.

As for the jetski holder, if I ever purchase one, I like the option you have. Not sure about how it’d effect the steering, if at all, tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Airjunky
Well back to the broken phase. Noticed the brake light is intermittently coming on and off. Now tomorrow i get to put in into fix it phase.

Wish me luck.

Reactions: TJ Starting
Well back to the broken phase. Noticed the brake light is intermittently coming on and off. Now tomorrow i get to put in into fix it phase.

Wish me luck.
Hey check out your brake light switch. I had a problem where the switch part actually got stiff so sometimes the brake pedal would push the unit out of the holder. A new switch fixed the issue for me.

Reactions: Boinked
Hey check out your brake light switch. I had a problem where the switch part actually got stiff so sometimes the brake pedal would push the unit out of the holder. A new switch fixed the issue for me.
I need to be more clear when i type. The brake light on the dash. Im not overly concerned at the moment. Pedal feels normal and i can't cause it to happen. It just pops on the back off.