What did you do to your TJ today?

Thank you @DrDmoney for making this mod possible. I didn't have a 50lbs weight so I used a 5 gallon container of used oil and @tomtaylz mangled rear bumper.
20190530_193011.jpg
20190530_193116.jpg
20190530_193225.jpg

Reactions: DrDmoney
Update- just talked to Quadratec ...they are shipping out the replacement, "next day air"
we shall see how it goes
Got the new hinges next day air!
Interesting though, the hinges have only been on the jeep 2 years , but I had to drill out 4 of the bolts, because the damn stainless screws are too soft. so when I put the new hinges on, I replaced all the bolts. I also notices a bit of rust where the hinges were rubbing on the body. So cleaned all ofthat up, the put a heavy gasket material between the hinges and the body.

Key stopped turning in the ignition switch, couldn't start the Jeep all of a sudden. Realized that I could hit it and the key would turn. So, I got the ignition lock ordered over night and replaced it today. Good as new!
If you still have the ignition cylinder try some teflon lubricant like Tri-Flow in it to see if that helps. Number one reason for locks to fail is lack of lubrication. If it does work then you have a spare cylinder.

I totally hate it when this happens.
It rained Yesterday.
This morning went to work in my LJ as I always do...
And this happened
20190531_180956(1).jpg

I got mud on My LJ. I cant believe it.

I am so upset that my rig is covered in mud.

I would not be upset if it were just a Shorty TJ, those grow on trees or something. No body cares about those dime a dozen things, BUT MY LJ is just ruined now!!!!!!!!;)

got my new Rancho shocks it a few days ago, and finally got a day
when it could put it in without getting soaked.

I got 3 of the 4 shocks installed. when I went to install the 4th shock,
I found that the pressure wasn't right.
So back to Northridge 4x4 ... we will see how long it takes to get the replacement here...
i bet a lot faster than hawaii . i dont even have a 4x4 shop anywhere near. napa is an hour 1 way

Reactions: Twopoint