What did you do to your TJ today?

Dropped my gas tank earlier this week. Replaced hardware: replaced 6 of 7 carriage bolts (the one closest to the passenger rear tire was ok and I didn't think I could fish a new one through) , 5/16 x 1" carriage bolts, bolt retaining rings, washers and nuts.

Today I dropped a new Bosch fuel pump assembly into the gas tank and installed the Dirtworx Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier. Replaced bumper hardware M12-1.75 x 45mm long. These two bolts run up from the bottom of the bumper into the frame rail.

It was a lot easier to drill the 4 holes and install the hardware needed to mount the Dirtworx bumper with the gas tank removed.

I will raise and install the gas tank after I fix the poor install of the rear shocks. I ordered drain plugs and will most likely cut the tub to gain access to the upper bolts. I may want to replace the shocks with Ranchos in the future and access will be easier than what I have now.

I also put the Rugged Ridge 3rd brake light ring behind the tire. I still need to figure out the wiring and how to route it. I've included a pic of the wires behind the wheel well. If anybody has input I'm all ears. It appears a previous owner did some cutting.

20190608_155047.jpg

20190608_153547.jpg

20190608_135441.jpg

20190608_143941.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Kiwi TJ and jazngab
Drove through part of the Dirt Devil in Mid-TN. I done goofed up the transfer case linkage and had a hell of a time just trying to get it out of neutral. I guess it’s a common problem? I ordered a shifter cable. Kinda glad I found out about this in a place I could drive 2WD in.

But once I got it back into 2WD I just took a breather and continued on and enjoyed the rest of the drive.

Also if anyone in here is from Tennessee or from a surrounding area is thinking about doing the Dirt Devil and buying the map for $25... you can have mine for free if you’d like.

73109702-993C-4341-BD07-E3DFFA6BDBD7.jpeg

Drove through part of the Dirt Devil in Mid-TN. I done goofed up the transfer case linkage and had a hell of a time just trying to get it out of neutral. I guess it’s a common problem? I ordered a shifter cable. Kinda glad I found out about this in a place I could drive 2WD in.

But once I got it back into 2WD I just took a breather and continued on and enjoyed the rest of the drive.

Also if anyone in here is from Tennessee or from a surrounding area is thinking about doing the Dirt Devil and buying the map for $25... you can have mine for free if you’d like.

View attachment 98436
Glad you were able to make it home

Added some Moog suspension stabilizer bushings and cleaned up under there with some paint (yes I know you wont see it but I know its there haha)
View attachment 98474View attachment 98475
Oh yeah my socket set gave up the good fight and took a one ticket to Tool heaven.
View attachment 98476

I put those same bushings on the front of mine. I can’t remember if I put any type of lube on them or not, but they squeak like crazy in cold weather when I go over the speed bumps at work. I dont know if I’m going to try to disassemble and put some SuperLube on them or just replace with rubber ones.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Today was the lightbar

Unlike most, I tucked it under my roof rack. First for protection but also to keep the glare off the hood. Driving off road last night thru rain and fog I discovered another advantage. There is no reflection off the fog once the fog falls into the shadow over the hood.

DSCN1172.jpeg

Great light, $56.00 off Amazon

DSCN1168.jpeg

I wired it plus the A-Pillar lights thru the factory fog light switch. These LEDs was $62.00 on Amazon.

DSC_0051.jpeg