What did you do to your TJ today?

Did a wash, polish and wax? Mind telling me how long it took you to do all that considering that you actually removed the plastic components too.
I did it over quite a few days in the evenings, but it could be done in weekend with some planning and getting parts in order. Heck, if everything comes apart as it should, you could do it in a sokid day.I had to order new hood latches becsuse the old ones had to be cut off and I had cut / pry / mangle the bolts out of the nutserts on the front flares. I just replaced all of those with stainless nuts, bolts and washers. I'm not sure the flares need to come off, but I was planning to install new ones anyway, so this just seemed like a good time to swap them out. Honestly, the buffing, polishing and waxing is the easy part. The disassembly and reassembly was more painstaking. Old Jeeps don't like to come apart.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
YOOOO this is something I need to do. One of the panels at that same corner you pictured is warped or something and does not fit snuggly, kinda hangs down.

What did you use do to that and how exactly did you fasten it?
I used 1/8" ABS that I got from work but someone posted a link to WalMart, I believe, where you can order a 2'x2' piece. I cut part of the flap off, the flange mostly and just used sheet metal screws to attach.

I changed out my tail lights to some LED ones and I got some much brighter LED lights that I mounted in my rear bar
08481741af3254b4712dc0afd07795ff.jpg
53a71a8b0c35d47a3d542c267baad610.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Decided to ‘plug’ the factory holes on my rocker panels, where the side fender used to sit. Could have painted them to match my factory paint, but decided to keep it black. It sort of gave the Jeep, in my opinion, a utilitarian-type of look. As long as its not an open hole, Im happy.

I found the ‘plug’ at Lowes. See image for size and item number.

23d684229ee70df2a391defc38539b53.jpg
aac91661f9d0cf67e4b5db32ca2648bf.jpg
df1bfa01cbba9a8a6561cce45cc2536d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dammit man, details! Give us the low down! Lol
Hmmm.. Whatcha need? BFG KM3s on 15x7 steel wheels from a 84 Chrysler New Yorker. I had them sandblasted and then put about a million rattle cans of Rustoleum gloss white paint on them. :) I was going to have them powder coated, but I know I am going to scratch them, so I didn't want to stress about the money spent. Spray paint is cheap.

Not much, but took Mrs Willy to a Dr's appt in the LJ a few towns over and then backroaded it home afterwards. Nice trip, and I never noticed any of that popping coming from underneath the front. I'm thinking that when I hosed down the control arm bolts and bushings with Kroil in getting them ready to be replaced in a few weeks, it loosened them up where they were almost frozen.

Shoot, I'm ready to go on a longer run now.

Reactions: RussTJ and Kiwi TJ
Hmmm.. Whatcha need? BFG KM3s on 15x7 steel wheels from a 84 Chrysler New Yorker. I had them sandblasted and then put about a million rattle cans of Rustoleum gloss white paint on them. :) I was going to have them powder coated, but I know I am going to scratch them, so I didn't want to stress about the money spent. Spray paint is cheap.

Thank you. Awesome looking Jeep!

Who else makes 33/10.50’s?

I'm liking the old school look of those steel wheels! Strong, simple, and so very '70's!

Great look on that Red TJ!

What are they?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
It was a bit dark outside, so the colors are off a bit - the Jeep is actually orange. These exact wheels are from a 1984 Chrysler New Yorker. :)
But in general, the wheels are Transwheel part number 1144. They were used on a ton of Mopars, but are getting tough to come by in complete sets. It seems most of these old steel wheels just get ground up for recycling anymore.

TJ in the garage, working on this shifting (AX15) issue I have. Ordered a new slave/master cylinder kit. While waiting for the parts, after a couple days noticed a puddle of oil under the transmission. Pulled the trans pan and mount, wiped everything down, came back next day, oil coming from the mounting flange for the TC... Pulled the TC, now waiting for the new rear oil seal. Shit, I'm 3/4 of the way there, I may as well pull the trans out also and check/replace the clutch while I'm at it? Wife comes out to the garage, asks what i'm doing, looks around and sees all these components strewn around the garage floor, I had no time to answer before I got the "evil eye" 😡, not that my explanation would have done any good. Funny how a small repair/replace job, turns into a major PIA,,, X2. I think I'll just sleep out here next to the jeep.

TJ in the garage, working on this shifting (AX15) issue I have. Ordered a new slave/master cylinder kit. While waiting for the parts, after a couple days noticed a puddle of oil under the transmission. Pulled the trans pan and mount, wiped everything down, came back next day, oil coming from the mounting flange for the TC... Pulled the TC, now waiting for the new rear oil seal. Shit, I'm 3/4 of the way there, I may as well pull the trans out also and check/replace the clutch while I'm at it? Wife comes out to the garage, asks what i'm doing, looks around and sees all these components strewn around the garage floor, I had no time to answer before I got the "evil eye" 😡, not that my explanation would have done any good. Funny how a small repair/replace job, turns into a major PIA,,, X2. I think I'll just sleep out here next to the jeep.

I feel your pain brother.