What did you do to your TJ today?

Did yours come with both rubber handles on them? I ordered some wild boar handles from eBay from a link on here but only one had the rubber wild boar handle. I contacted seller and he claims he’s out of stock, yet they are still for sale on eBay.

Mine came the same way, missing one of the rubber grips. I used an old set of my motocross grips and like them better. Mine are the aluminum bars and are 7/8" diameter, not sure about the steel ones. When I contacted the seller they said they could send me a replacement grip from China and it would take a month. I said no to that deal and they ended up refunding a portion of what I paid.

Reactions: Tjrubicon
Mr Jeep got a 1“ body lift, 1” engine lift with Currie motor mounts and transfer case lift. The body
/transfer case lift was simple but attaching the Currie mount was more difficult Currie did not weld the inboard stud on the mounts. I had difficulty getting the inboard bolts in but in the end they are in and torqued.

I like the way Mr Jeep sits now. Next I’ll be swapping the HP Dana 30 & 300 in.
Tomorrow though tube fender flares.

8417DD4A-6DEC-4A5B-95C7-72A5DFE8782F.jpeg

3F5EF037-D526-4FAB-A42C-26049DB7FF48.png

Last edited:
yes two hinges per door..lol .all four aren't moving... might have to take it into a shop and see if they have any ideas
Gonna figure the doors open and close normally, yes? I just took off my doors with penetrating spray... just got new tube doors for father's day, (of course no instructions to speak of) but realize there is a brass sleeve in each hinge. Maybe that is bent or stuck. Had to use a 3/8 drill bit in the hole and hammered from the bottom to pop it out the top of the hinge. After that everything was pretty smooth sailing. The sleeve has a seam running its length, could be bent up?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I took the front bumper and winch mount off of the YJ and put it on the LJ, Now I need to throw some black paint on the bumper, remount the winch and I have the front about done. I think I want to weld a receiver hitch into the front and I think I will mount some LED's on it too. That way I can blind the douchebags who dont dim their lights...

IMG_0492.jpg

IMG_0493.jpg

Put delron door bushings on my Tj. Kinda difficult project. The old ones were original and didn’t want to leave. But a big improvement. I might have to trim my passenger door opening on my fiberglass top as raising the door slightly has it scrubbing the half top. The driver side was perfect after install.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Had to use a 2x4 to get the doors off. Guess they hadn’t been off since 2002 when they were put on. I tried driving the old bushings out with the ‘tool’ that was supplied with no luck, in fact I slightly moved my driver side lower hinge by whacking it so I removed the hinge and took it to my shop. I eventually used a small 1/8 in cutter tool in my dremel flexshaft and cut a slot through the thin insert from the bottom of the hinge. Just ran it in and out in the same spot for a few minutes. I used a pointed tool to get between it and the actual hinge and pop it out then. Just needed some place for the rusty steel to go. I didn’t remove the hinges from the truck on the others. Just cut the groove while they were still on the Tj and then popped them out. There is a seam in them, the left one was cut in the seam. Clean up the inside of the steel hinges and door pins good before you insert the delron inserts and don’t forget oil. Hope this helps.

C1532338-7646-468E-96CB-A15A30A352C9.jpeg

Last edited:
Put delron door bushings on my Tj. Kinda difficult project. The old ones were original and didn’t want to leave. But a big improvement. I might have to trim my passenger door opening on my fiberglass top as raising the door slightly has it scrubbing the half top. The driver side was perfect after install.
If I can find time I'll be installing mine this weekend...I think I'll drill out the old ones.

Had to use a 2x4 to get the doors off. Guess they hadn’t been off since 2002 when they were put on. I tried driving the old bushings out with the ‘tool’ that was supplied with no luck, in fact I slightly moved my driver side lower hinge by whacking it so I removed the hinge and took it to my shop. I eventually used a small 1/8 in cutter tool in my dremel flexshaft and cut a slot through the thin insert from the bottom of the hinge. Just ran it in and out in the same spot for a few minutes. I used a pointed tool to get between it and the actual hinge and pop it out then. Just needed some place for the rusty steel to go. I didn’t remove the hinges from the truck on the others. Just cut the groove while they were still on the Tj and then popped them out. There is a seam in them, the left one was cut in the seam. Clean up the inside of the steel hinges and door pins good before you insert the delron inserts and don’t forget oil. Hope this helps.

View attachment 100397

Those are SUCH A PAIN to remove! I cocked one of my hinges too, ever so slightly that now my driver door needs a little more ‘oomph’ get it shut. Tried slamming it the other way then realized I’ll probably do more damage than good.

I’ll use my Dremel for the passenger side hinges. Thanks for posting this info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk