What did you do to your TJ today?

Upgrade to 35’s complete!
106357FE-1351-472B-BD23-041DFC0AE540.jpeg

Rebalanced the tires(the first shop did them poorly) and I replaced the tie rod, steering stabilizer and drag link with the zj conversion.

Curious if your steering feels any different w that ‘upgrade’? I bought all the parts about 8 months ago and have still to install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: gregc291
Curious if your steering feels any different w that ‘upgrade’? I bought all the parts about 8 months ago and have still to install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah 100% steering was tighter and more responsive. I would have described my stock steering as "vague". If you are in the same boat I definitely recommend it, especially if your stock components are relatively worn like mine were. Also it's definitely beefier than stock in respect to the tie rod. The torque specs are posted in the how to guides if you need it.

Finished prepping for the safeTcaps over the weekend. Had a guy lined up to weld them into place.. he showed up at my house Sunday afternoon, many hours later than we had discussed. After working about twenty minutes he decided his welds aren't very good. AND...... He was all fucked up on pills. So this morning I got ahold of a welding company, they say they can weld all four sections in for $300. So looks like I'm gonna be doing this Friday if he's available.

• Wow
Reactions: Alex01 and Kiwi TJ
I installed a Sony N5300BT in Ripley. Getting the bolt out of the back of the oem radio was a real killer. I eventually ground down a 3/8 in Taiwan 1/4 in drive socket to get it out. Making the socket shorter made all the difference. Helps to have long fingers too. Once you get the old unit out putting the new one in is easy. Sounds great, even picking up The Shark, a rock station on the outer banks. I’m about 130 miles from NC’s outer banks. Now I’ve got to figure out how to work it.

Removed the failing cig lighter and installed the new USB power port. Just had to make the hole a tad bigger. All went smooth. :D

Next thing on the to do list is to clean the bottom of the dash better. LOL I had it out and cleaned the vents really good and hosed the whole thing off, but didn't realize how bad of a job I did. LOL

I also learned the cable I had in the Jeep for my phone, doesn't charge my phone. I thought I did the install wrong, but went and got another cord to test it, and all was good. Had to dig into another iPhone box and get a cord that came form apple. The other one must have been an aftermarket one or something?

FEyZ2pfzTImqKS8XFcYEig.jpg

%S%s9Z1JS7+eZkUNXvbTeQ.jpg

Removed the failing cig lighter and installed the new USB power port. Just had to make the hole a tad bigger. All went smooth. :D

Next thing on the to do list is to clean the bottom of the dash better. LOL I had it out and cleaned the vents really good and hosed the whole thing off, but didn't realize how bad of a job I did. LOL

I also learned the cable I had in the Jeep for my phone, doesn't charge my phone. I thought I did the install wrong, but went and got another cord to test it, and all was good. Had to dig into another iPhone box and get a cord that came form apple. The other one must have been an aftermarket one or something?

View attachment 101102

View attachment 101103

Did you have to do any wiring or did the USB plug into the same place as the cigar lighter?

I installed a Sony N5300BT in Ripley. Getting the bolt out of the back of the oem radio was a real killer. I eventually ground down a 3/8 in Taiwan 1/4 in drive socket to get it out. Making the socket shorter made all the difference. Helps to have long fingers too. Once you get the old unit out putting the new one in is easy. Sounds great, even picking up The Shark, a rock station on the outer banks. I’m about 130 miles from NC’s outer banks. Now I’ve got to figure out how to work it.
Stock antenna?

The antenna that was on the Tj when bought was probably original, bright steel and bent all up, I replaced it with a new black [coated?] one that I found on fleabay. I’m liking the Sony, just tried my iPod and a Jethro Tull cd, good sound.

Reactions: matkal
The antenna that was on the Tj when bought was probably original, bright steel and bent all up, I replaced it with a new black [coated?] one that I found on fleabay. I’m liking the Sony, just tried my iPod and a Jethro Tull cd, good sound.
Ah, Jethro Tull, my favorite rap band! [emoji106][emoji6][emoji1787][emoji848][emoji848][emoji848][emoji848](if you don't get the reference Google it up under Grammys)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Five
The tough last couple of years that I worked before my retirement was in a rail yard operating a yard engine and switching, ‘Locomotive Breath’ was my personal anthem. Ian Anderson kinda knew how a locomotive worked because there is indeed a throttle handle that you remove when parking or shutting down the engine. But you can’t remove the handle with the engine in gear.

Reactions: DrDmoney
Did you have to do any wiring or did the USB plug into the same place as the cigar lighter?

I had to cut off the plug to the cig lighter and add the crimp connectors that are supplied with the USB port. So I still used the wiring that went to the lighter, just couldn't use the actual plug. I did put everything I took off into a zip lock back and put it in my "Jeep" tote. LOL :D

Reactions: Alex01