What did you do to your TJ today?

I replaced this functional, but aesthetically displeasing line that was on the Jeep when I bought it:
20190707_101103.jpg

with this factory replacement:
20190707_102334.jpg

So much better!

What stereo do you have and what was the result?
The head unit is a Dual XR4120, installed by a PO. The driver's-side front speaker cone had detached and was distorting. My main goal was to be able to play the stereo loud enough to be heard at highway speeds without distortion. the new speakers accomplish that and are certainly an upgrade over the factory ones. I'm not a stereo guy. the sound is okay but I'm sure would be improved with an amp, sub-woofer, component speakers, better head unit, etc.

The head unit is a Dual XR4120, installed by a PO. The driver's-side front speaker cone had detached and was distorting. My main goal was to be able to play the stereo loud enough to be heard at highway speeds without distortion. the new speakers accomplish that and are certainly an upgrade over the factory ones. I'm not a stereo guy. the sound is okay but I'm sure would be improved with an amp, sub-woofer, component speakers, better head unit, etc.

All I have is a Kenwood head unit and god knows what speakers. I'm pretty sure the sound bar is stock speakers. And probably the dash speakers as well. It's plenty loud enough at speed. But I think the speakers could be upgraded eventually. It's a removable faceplate. So it has that going for it. Probably a $100 head unit. Perfect for a Jeep. I can stash the faceplate in my security glove box. And even if the stereo gets stolen I'm only out a hundred bucks.

No subwoofer or amp. I'm not a big base guy. And as long as it's loud enough and not distorted I'm happy. I doubt I'll ever put in a subwoofer or amp. But like I said. I may upgrade the speakers to Polk.

Reactions: Viking Jeeper
Did a quick bolt check in my control arms after install a month or so ago. Good thing I did because one of my Johnny joints had popped apart. I must not have had the c clip fully seated when I rebuilt them. That is fixed now.

Also installed my anti-rock that had been sitting around. That went pretty easy. I did end up having to reinstall my discos, as the adjustable links that come with the anti-rock are far too long for my low lift height. I'll order the 6.5" links later. So.. Yes, I am that guy with discos on an anti-rock! :)

20190707_154436.jpg

Is the hood off for another reason?? I'm crossing my fingers I never need to do a heater core.
Haha, nothing bad. I just removed it because I started working while in the garage. Couldn't lift it all the way back, so I removed it. Makes it easier to work on 🙂

Reactions: Alex01