What did you do to your TJ today?

Today I went in to add some bump stops and cycle my suspension.

I measured and removed the springs and the disconnected various steering components only to put them back and test the shocks which hit before my jounce pad. I removed the shocks and put the tires on to check flex on the wheel well and found the track bar gets hung up on my front axle truss.
With only lower adjustable control arms I’m going to see if i can slide the axle back a bit and make room.
All while maintaining a pinion angle that is slightly higher than the drive shaft.

I also found my steering dampener had been grinding on a nut on it’s own bracket. Took that out and the bushing was shot and the threads are toast ( I may have done that).

So I got the Monroe one and it’s coming In tomorrow I hope!

Day 2 is still ahead!

D2C7E435-BF14-42B7-B3B1-2399DFB7E2A1.jpeg

946A6050-B0BF-4951-888E-47C27EFE56A8.jpeg

68EF6DE3-D799-435E-8BE4-7207BE79C753.jpeg

BC0B044F-32CA-490E-876F-40006042EEBB.jpeg

CC64D712-5688-4148-8C14-DE9E90CEDECB.jpeg

6B2EFCEC-503A-4C83-AC91-DF888A48C99E.jpeg

534779E5-0040-4C81-8BE1-10211E83A7AA.jpeg

AEA2FECA-953D-4C15-B969-B71A50520A38.jpeg

0368FC91-F6A3-45D5-B990-424F535F8C20.jpeg

326305E6-3FE2-4A48-8B97-52E639472672.jpeg

Never quoted Km I said 60K as in 60,000
But wasn't your coolant temperature and oil pressure in metric? But you use miles? Holy heck no wonder we can't grasp the concept..

I did read that the Queen passed a law that a pint must actually be a pint.. soooo.. that concept I got.. :)

Reactions: Reign Mack
But wasn't your coolant temperature and oil pressure in metric? But you use miles? Holy heck no wonder we can't grasp the concept..

I did read that the Queen passed a law that a pint must actually be a pint.. soooo.. that concept I got.. :)
Yeah we use a mixture here
Long distance in miles
Short distances in meters
Height in feet
Temperature in degrees C
Human body weight in stone
But weight of objects in Kg
Weight of Drugs in ounces
Pretty simple really

Long distance in miles
Height in feet
Temperature in degrees C
Pretty simple really

And this whole time I’ve always hated the way America does the whole standard system. I much prefer metric honestly but at least we’re consistent! Jumping around like that with different measurements is not my cup of tea.

Now I’ve got to order my diamond plate and gasket. Need a couple of screws and some more aluminum angle. I’ll add some angle where the hinges are to bolt the aluminum diamond plate to.

Diamond plate? I thought that stuff put on a jeep was in the same category as angry grilles on here. At least that's how I've read it. :whistle:

Anyways, looks good man. Bet that will be one tuff puppy to get into when your done. And it should last for many miles to come,only maybe a meter by a couple ft, withstand temps of 100 deg C`plus, weigh 2-3 stones, but a few more if weighed in kg's and looks to be able to hold quite a few oz's for transport across rugged country. :ROFLMAO:

Long distance in miles
Height in feet
Temperature in degrees C
Pretty simple really
Of course.. Spot on... It's so simple. Er.... I ll stick with the Queen that a pint of beer is an actual pint of beer...

We use the specific measurements of:

Long distance: damn are we there yet?

Short distance: hold your horses, be there in a minute

Height: ain't you a tall sum bitch!

Temperature: so cold I froze my balls off.. damn it so hot my boys are sweating!

Human weight is dependent on amount of mountain dew and chips one is able to consume: damn she/he big, what a fat ass! Or " no way son you fittin' in my Jeep"

Weight of objects: that's a big 'ole sum bitch! (See a common thread here?)

Weight of drugs: I ll take me a bump, give me a quarter, or " give me enough to put that big dumb fat ass sum bitch down."

And I ll add a regional dialect of a measure of expected excitement or pending death: Hold my beer and Y'all watch this! (Usually involves some type of vehicle and a jump or possibly a gun)

Heck the only reason we took three days to get to the Moon cause we waited for a full moon to make it easier to aim our sights down the barrel..

Got some some Kikbax mirror/pegs in the mail to day. Got them without mirrors since the ones I had were fine. I really like them so far. I heard about the foot peg possibly catching on rocks/branches/etc but they don't stick out any more than the mirrors and when I situation they might, they are easy to take off since no bolts or anything.

My fave things about them is they are so stable when driving 70mph. My other ones were the Rugged Ridge ones would just fold in with the wind pushing them which made them useless on highway.

Actually made it around to wrestling the doors off for the first time yesterday. No matter how much I swung door back and forth or how much I lifted while swinging it the rust on the hinge pins wasn't letting go though, so unbolted bottom hinge from tub and tried again. That give me enough play to get the top hinge to release it's grip on pin. Took them off cleaned up pins with some emery cloth, greased up good and now they slide on and off as I assume they should. Nice and easy. Now if it'll cool back down some I can actually ride door less.:) Oh. I guess after i get some other style mirrors first though. Almost forgot.:rolleyes:
IMG_0106.JPG

IMG_0100.JPG
IMG_0103.JPG
IMG_0104.JPG

My OEM mirrors are moved forward to the windshield frame and I hateeeee it. The passenger side is basically useless when the doors are on. I’ll be moving them back and finding a separate mirror for when doorless. Just a little heads up

My OEM mirrors are moved forward to the windshield frame and I hateeeee it. The passenger side is basically useless when the doors are on. I’ll be moving them back and finding a separate mirror for when doorless. Just a little heads up

I was just looking at some that mounted there and it looks like with the doors on they will swing enough to hit mirror unless strap is adjusted way back. Or do you pretty much swap mirrors around as you take doors on and off? not sure, never did it or really paid attention to how anyone has. :unsure:

You meaning like a clip on(so to speak) mirror when you go door less?