What did you do to your TJ today?

I used a 2x4 to lift my doors off the rusty hinges. Put one end on the door jamb of the jeep and then lifted the 2x4 which lifted the door.
148C6AC5-234F-410E-80FB-BE4109CF7BA1.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: mushdogs and matkal
Those are my exact color and interior panels haha, let me know if you want to trade for my black ones haha

Ha, you have a better eye than then I do. If I decide to part ways with them I’ll send you a PM but I think I’ll hold on to them for now knowing what shipping would be. As with most 1/2 doors the paint isn’t perfect

While I was doing my front sway bar links a few weeks back, it got me thinking about the rear sway bar links since I had never replaced them when I put my lift on. So I got new, longer ones.

Quick and easy to install. Drove it a little on road, don't know that it felt any different in that capacity, nor did I expect it too.

Sway bar angle is more horizontal now on flat ground, and the e-brake cable is no longer constantly pressing on the sway bar.

IMG_4734.jpg

IMG_4733.jpg

IMG_4735.jpg

Ostensibly, I was only going to be changing out some stock interior bulbs for LEDs today. But then this happened last evening:
6913EA89-6AEA-4345-96A0-362785D9EB2A.jpeg

Our son has saved up to buy his first car. He’s been looking for a TJ, but this YJ was too good to pass up. 95 Rio Grande. 135k, a lot of those miles were flat tow by the original owner, the second owner kept it as a light duty weekender. The top is immaculate. Bupkis for rust, tub or frame. Interior is much better than you’d expect for a 24 yr old vehicle. The dang fenders aren’t even faded. So no TJ things. It was father/son detail a YJ day.
Tell me this isn’t the face of pure joy:
B3879745-CC10-437C-A495-45E9AF56B8DD.jpeg

I cannot think of a better way to spend a day.

Last edited:
And this whole time I’ve always hated the way America does the whole standard system. I much prefer metric honestly but at least we’re consistent! Jumping around like that with different measurements is not my cup of tea.
dont get so hung up on the metric system its all just numbers, you should see what torque wrench looks like over here. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Ripley and I went to my monthly cas match at Dare Co Shooting Complex. 125 miles each way. She ran like a top at 65-70 mph. I get better gas mileage with my Edge though. 27 days since my knee replacement, managed a third place out of eleven cowboys and cowgirls. Had a good time but it got a little warm.

Ostensibly, I was only going to be changing out some stock interior bulbs for LEDs today. But then this happened last evening:
View attachment 106845
Our son has saved up to buy his first car. He’s been looking for a TJ, but this YJ was too good to pass up. 95 Rio Grande. 135k, a lot of those miles were flat tow by the original owner, the second owner kept it as a light duty weekender. The top is immaculate. Bupkis for rust, tub or frame. Interior is much better than you’d expect for a 24 yr old vehicle. The dang fenders aren’t even faded. So no TJ things. It was father/son detail a YJ day.
Tell me this isn’t the face of pure joy:
View attachment 106846
I cannot think of a better way to spend a day.

Look on his face is priceless. Takes me back to the excitement I had over my first car. Great memories being made there.