What did you do to your TJ today?

So that hitch is part of the braking system? Never seen that before. Interesting
Yep; discovered it in another thread here on the forum. It's basically a surge or inertial brake. After researching, I really liked the mechanical aspect vs the electronic varieties that are proportional brakes and tie into the Jeep's electrical system. Less opportunity for failure and, while still not cheap, much more cost friendly.

https://www.readybrake.com/store/p1...emental_Brake_System_(2"_Receiver_Style).html

Yep; discovered it in another thread here on the forum. It's basically a surge or inertial brake. After researching, I really liked the mechanical aspect vs the electronic varieties that are proportional brakes and tie into the Jeep's electrical system. Less opportunity for failure and, while still not cheap, much more cost friendly.

https://www.readybrake.com/store/p1...emental_Brake_System_(2"_Receiver_Style).html

Sure you got the right one ? This one is for TOAD vehicles. 🤣

Well in description it is. Title is right.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaveC
We have used the Ready Brake system for a number of years now. I think you need to adjust the cable a little. You are only to have approx. 2" of slack in the cable when attached. The way you have it when you make a turn to cable will/may bind at the ball hitch causing it the brake the cable. You may also need to add a brace to support/raise the cable above the ball hitch to keep the cable from catching on it when you make a turn.

Pulled over on the side of the freeway to put the top back together. LOL I was going down the freeway and looked back and my rear corner of my top was flapping in the breeze! I was running with the Bestop sunroof back and no windows. Got pulled over to put the corner back in and noticed it pulled down way to easy. I looked to see if the mid section was pinned in, and noticed the pin was completely gone. I had to close the sunroof to continue on my way.

I just got done emailing Bestop to see if they can send me a new pin, actually 2 I want a spare. Going to suck not being able to use the sunroof. LOL

Driver side pin now missing in action. LOL

43ZdoW3eSNyAq13cW1nu1g.jpg

Pin I'm talking about. (passenger side).

XBSF7D88RneMN462pYgqKQ.jpg

I was going to put a bolt in it for now, but I found out that I can't. The hole doesn't go all the way through. I hope Bestop will take care of this and fairly fast. I will have to put the top down all the way to go topless and I really like just running the sunroof. :D

I copied something I'm pretty sure I saw @mrblaine do.
20190817_124707.jpg
20190817_124735.jpg

I also got my USB charger wired in and hopefully got my steering wheel centered better. It was just a bit off. I only got about an eighth of a turn on the adjuster. Kinda limited on adjustment position with the Currie steering. It gets a little tight up there.

Started the tear down for my engine rebuild. Took me about three hours to get the passenger fender off. Only broke two bolts and one of the battery hold down hooks. While I’m at it I’m going to do a bunch of other stuff including new fenders and the “ battery, ground, alternator, starter” wire harness.
B66D90D5-278B-4742-857D-5620FE6568E2.jpeg
35E175AF-AFC6-4790-A298-3EFCA952E722.jpeg
BDE561EC-3898-48EE-B65F-3DCB62D21B82.jpeg

I copied something I'm pretty sure I saw @mrblaine do. View attachment 110269View attachment 110270

I also got my USB charger wired in and hopefully got my steering wheel centered better. It was just a bit off. I only got about an eighth of a turn on the adjuster. Kinda limited on adjustment position with the Currie steering. It gets a little tight up there.
I have to ask, what is this mod? I realize it has something to do with the hood latch.

I'd buy a set of those if they were available.
Looks like you're in Colorado otherwise I'd refer you to the shop that made them for. Very happy with them. If you take the pictures to a local fab shop they should be able to make something comparable