What did you do to your TJ today?

Yesterday finally took her out for a drive after sitting in the garage for over a week. Replaced transfer case skid bolts with longer ones and removed my CB set up which I ended up never using.

Edit: yesterday was also my one year TJ anniversary!

Bruiser finally passed the legal inspection.🥳. (new rear sway bar bushings and stabilizer links, New ball joints and track bar.)so I'm back behind the wheel and its feels much better to drive...allot more sure footed and not wandering about as much as it did...
So I took it for spin down an older coast road ....the sun was out....but a cold southerly wind, let me know its still Winter here.
View attachment 111410View attachment 111412View attachment 111413View attachment 111414

Nice pics. So pretty there! :D

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and matkal
Flushed the cooling system and refilled with this.. Hope it is the correct one, dealer said it was..
They never make a mistake..
IMG_20190825_070808020.jpg

Reactions: L J
I replaced my rusty door handles today. And while they were off I thought I should take care of some small rust spots, which meant a trip to Lowe's. And then I figured I would paint the whole door while I had them off. Then my neighbor decided to cut the grass while they were drying... Anyway, 6 hours later, I have new door handles.

I replaced my rusty door handles today. And while they were off I thought I should take care of some small rust spots, which meant a trip to Lowe's. And then I figured I would paint the whole door while I had them off. Then my neighbor decided to cut the grass while they were drying... Anyway, 6 hours later, I have new door handles.

First time I ever put Armor All on vinyl top, was unintentionally during cottonwood shedding season. Parents had one of the biggest in the neighborhood next to the house. Every year, what a mess.

My exterior handles are kinda rusty also. Thinking about s/s replacements. How hard was the swap?

Had a busy weekend. Installed Fox 2.0 front shocks to match the rears on Saturday, then on Sunday I changed the engine oil, transmission oil, and t-case oil. Meant to do plugs and diffs, too, but had a prior engagement to get to and couldn't finish in time. Still, the heap runs and drives much better now with those Fox shocks. Like night and day.

IMG_20190825_154404.jpgIMG_20190825_134626.jpgIMG_20190824_164058.jpg

IMG_20190824_160042.jpgIMG_20190825_153918.jpg

Blew out the rear cat.

For the past month performance has been dropping. Did a tune up first. Then O2 sensors. Took it to a different shop and explained the symptoms.

On long grades, pulling a 2000# trailer I used to crest just under 60mph, 4Krpm..ish.
Last week, that same hill, crested at 30mph, maybe 3rd gear, the 4L would not rev past 4K.

They said, plugged cat or the fuel pump is going. 2 jours later the cat was cut, blown out and man what a difference. I'll be on a 1500 mile road trip pulling a trailer tomorrow, we'll see if the gas mileage is better.

Since my Bestop replacement pin won't be here for another 3 weeks or so, I went to the hardware store and found a regular pin. Hubby cut it down and drilled a new hole so I could zip tie it to the top. Works great!

XX9bKuoGRDyc3B25FwheOQ.jpg

Then today I finished up the LED light project up. Got the switch installed. All works great. :D

Q%oEJzF4S0WKACj+BUqg1A.jpg

The last slot in the switch panel actually has wires going to it, even though it is not a switch. Do those wires go all the way up front? If so, where would I begin to look?

I just received my carpet kit, for front and rear of my TJ. It looks like they dragged it behind the delivery truck, so I hope it is OK, but going to get after it this week. Weather has been so hot, but might get the fans out in the garage and tough it out this week.

View attachment 111716
Are all those boxes carpet ?...I thought about getting some for my Jeep but if it has that many boxes it'll cost me a small house deposit haha

• Haha
Reactions: Alex01