What did you do to your TJ today?

Put the windows back in. :( I wasn't going to do it because the news said a "slight" chance of rain, but when I checked my weather app, it said 40% chance at one time, then 50-60% chance at other times of the day tomorrow. It just happened to be the times that my Jeep would be sitting outside in the parking lot at work and then on my drive home. Decided not to take the chance. I'll take the side windows out again, but the rear window will just be rolled up from here on, until next summer. I hate putting that thing back in. LOL

View attachment 115453

Well, it wasn't a bad thing now. I can actually put a smiley face because putting them back in paid off. It came down hard while it was parked at work and the drive home was very wet too. :D

GVw+2hO+QrK8TPZgGaOBpQ.jpg

heZfsANwRp2cxQjD34e2aQ.jpg

Fixed a leak in my top that has been bugging me for the longest time. Been working with Bestop to figure out the issue. I finally figured it out I think, but although it seams to be sealed now, I still don't think it is quite right. What d you guys think? By the way I think the fix was the the weather strip on the top of my tailgate was on backwards. See if you can tell me if this is correct now on the top of the tailgate.

Here is the top I have, the rear window didn't sit flush on the tailgate.

View attachment 115255

Here is after my fix. To be specifc it it is the top of the tailgate where the rear window hits. Like I said it seems to be sealed, but doesn't look quite right. I might just be the way it is curious if anybody know if it is supposed to be flat.

The reason why I posted here is because I did fix it, just not sure if it is correct or not.

View attachment 115256
Something there does not look Kosher for sure.

Reactions: ac_
I had bought some on Amazon it was pretty cheap relatively speaking but not as cheap as the $ store.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CHOL56A/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Had to run in wally world on way home and thought I'd take a peak. Yep they have it. Alo $$ next door had it just not as many different colors as before. Wally world's were 50' and $$ store only 25' but 25' is enough to do 4 door straps easy.

IMG_0688.JPG

IMG_0686.JPG

Put the windows back in. :( I wasn't going to do it because the news said a "slight" chance of rain, but when I checked my weather app, it said 40% chance at one time, then 50-60% chance at other times of the day tomorrow. It just happened to be the times that my Jeep would be sitting outside in the parking lot at work and then on my drive home. Decided not to take the chance. I'll take the side windows out again, but the rear window will just be rolled up from here on, until next summer. I hate putting that thing back in. LOL

View attachment 115453
Rained quite a bit down here in Monterey County this morning.

Reactions: KimsJeep
My dead pedal came today, so I didn't waste anytime installing it. LOL I only have it on there with a couple self tappers for right now. I need to find some nutserts (sp) and do a better job before I put to much pressure on it. But for now this will work and I will see if I like it in it's current position.
SakGW7QPR%WF86%epvJ5qA.jpg

My dead pedal came today, so I didn't waste anytime installing it. LOL I only have it on there with a couple self tappers for right now. I need to find some nutserts (sp) and do a better job before I put to much pressure on it. But for now this will work and I will see if I like it in it's current position. View attachment 115605

Gotta link for that?

Good stuff, congrats and that radio looks nice. I'd be tempted just to drill holes in the top of the Uniden and mount the btech display right on top. The case on that 505 is practically empty, plenty of room for a few bolts topside.
It’s not bad honestly where it’s at not messing with my vision at all and honestly a better angle for me to get to and read the screen

Reactions: pagrey
Didn't do this today, but very soon! But ordered one of these spring loaded pins to install on my swingout so that something stops & holds it when it opens up. It constantly swinging back and closing on my while trying to grab stuff out the back is annoying. Wish it was a little longer weld on body so that I could set it inside the 2x2 tube but I'll just tack weld it on the exterior of it. Anyone every modify their swingout in such a way so that once you unlatch it that it opens up with the tailgate?

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00GAZQJ0O/?tag=tjforum-20

Didn't do this today, but very soon! But ordered one of these spring loaded pins to install on my swingout so that something stops & holds it when it opens up. It constantly swinging back and closing on my while trying to grab stuff out the back is annoying. Wish it was a little longer weld on body so that I could set it inside the 2x2 tube but I'll just tack weld it on the exterior of it. Anyone every modify their swingout in such a way so that once you unlatch it that it opens up with the tailgate?

Definitely post a pic or two when you do this mod.

Reactions: freebo86

Yah, post pics once you do it. This would be something I would be interested in too.

FINALLY got my passenger door to not be sticky on my fiberglass half top. I’ve played with this a half dozen times. Started sticking after I installed my door bushings. Driver side was great in fact worked better after the bushings. I would loosen the body hinge and adjust but it would go back to scrubbing so today I loosened the door hinge not just the body side half and used a plastic wedge to adjust the door, now it works with no scrubbing. I also zip tied the excess [over the door] straps on my red rollbar grabbers.

Last edited: