What did you do to your TJ today?

Today I added a new rear bumper on my recently acquired 04 rubicon. (Looks sweet) My tj didn’t have one, and now I know why. The previous owner put 33 s on. You guessed it, now spare wont fit on standard mount. Studs are to short and bottom edge of tire hits bumper. Anyone out there have a reasonably priced solution? Would adding a wheel spacer to mount work? Only need 1.5-2 inches. Does anyone know if the mounting studs are removable and longer ones can be added? Then beef up tailgate rubber vibration bumpers on top so tire is vertical. Most importantly don’t want to solve one problem only to cause another.Yes rookie mistake.
Thanks for any advice,
B

Today I added a new rear bumper on my recently acquired 04 rubicon. (Looks sweet) My tj didn’t have one, and now I know why. The previous owner put 33 s on. You guessed it, now spare wont fit on standard mount. Studs are to short and bottom edge of tire hits bumper. Anyone out there have a reasonably priced solution? Would adding a wheel spacer to mount work? Only need 1.5-2 inches. Does anyone know if the mounting studs are removable and longer ones can be added? Then beef up tailgate rubber vibration bumpers on top so tire is vertical. Most importantly don’t want to solve one problem only to cause another.Yes rookie mistake.
Thanks for any advice,
B
Teraflex makes a 2" extension bracket that also moves the tire up. Says it accommodates upto 33"tire. Around $37.

Reactions: TJ Starting
Replacing the faulty thermostat today, noticed the Dayco thermostat even has the bleed hole.

Had some difficulty with a leak on the housing so will attempt again tomorrow with fresh gasket.

20190918_144325.jpg

Reactions: TJ Starting and L J
Thanks for any advice,
B
When I bought my Jeep it had metric 33's (still does). The spare fit nicely on the stock carrier with a normal 1 1/2" spacer/stud adapter plus another 1/4" spacer. It touched the stock bumper nicely in order to stabilize it. The spare did not touch the stock rubber bumpers at all but hit the stock bumper just right.