What did you do to your TJ today?

My door straps are showing some wear from rubbing on the door opening. I put a couple 2 inch long pieces of door edge guard on the edge to see if it helps. New straps on the way as well.

175FCFB6-9164-4D8F-82CA-68CAFD14F21B.jpeg

Reactions: MountaineerTom
So finally ordered the cargo netting for Ole Blue. I have been watching and debating with myself for a while so today I finally install Motion-Tek’s Cargo Netting, @ 238.00 it was the best deal on the web and looks good. Imo. I still have a bit of tweaking to do but I will post a separate review. (Spaniel not included, void where prohibited by law)

20190919_154537.jpg

20190919_154607.jpg

20190919_154616.jpg

Went to crawl under and just look around for possible problems as wheeling season is just around the corner. Almost done with the triple digits. Then i found a bad tie rod end. Well not bad yet. But it will go bad quickly without the rubber seal.

20190921_110301.jpg

Went to crawl under and just look around for possible problems as wheeling season is just around the corner. Almost done with the triple digits. Then i found a bad tie rod end. Well not bad yet. But it will go bad quickly without the rubber seal.

View attachment 116528
Good thing you went looking. Better to repair in the garage than the trail.

Reactions: Boinked
Blacked out the headlight rings. Which is the end of the chrome on the Jeep.
Noticed a couple more small chips in the paint that are starting to rust. Guess I'll be touching those up too.

View attachment 116575
Hey, your right in my neighborhood more or less. Your TJ's looking sharp.

Went ahead and thru the hard top back on since past few mornings it's been in the 40's and in late afternoons it ends up getting a bit chilly even with just windows down unless you got on a sweatshirt or are just hot blooded. Not me anymore. 😕 Did throw the buffer on it for a quick once over a couple weeks ago to see if it would come back any since it had gotten the good ole grayish tone. Actually didn't do too bad for just a quick hit with scratch remover compound. Might see about a little harsher compound to cut and dull it out some, didn't do a polish because didn't want it to end up shiny which it is some. If not might just clean it again to get it all uniform and throw a coat of dull clear on it.

Actually my second time putting it back on since I've owned a jeep, and honestly it's a touch easier to put back on without the window on but last time the window was on and it still didn't seem that big of a deal to me at least. I'll admit, that bumper does come in handy to do it though. Balance it on your shoulders and walk right up into jeep and set it down.

NEXT..............😅

IMG_0742.JPG
IMG_0744.JPG
IMG_0769.JPG
IMG_0773.JPG
IMG_0779.JPG
IMG_0782.JPG

What it looked like when I took it off, nice and gray. Just not quite as the flares though. Forgot they were that gray. 😵
IMG_8792.JPG

Last edited:
Oh, forgot I snapped a couple pics when I was seeing if it would buff out any. And as you can see I only used some cheap turtle wax rubbing compound with a foam pad on buffer. Nothing special. I'll try to give an update if I can remember on how buffing it back out compares how long the color lasts compared to say using a back to black sorta thing, pretty much a silicone/armor-all wipe on kind of deal. Will it end up being the same as using say a heat gun to reactivate the plastic giving it darker appearance again? Don't know, well'll see.

IMG_0627[1].JPG
IMG_0628 (2).JPG
IMG_0635.JPG

Threw on new spider u joints for the rear. HOWEVER COMMA. I now have some subtle vibrations above 58mph. I have taken it off and tapped ever so gently and got them signed but one u joint (close to the slip yoke) will it move easily. Is this the issue if so how do I go about fixing it? I don’t have a press

Looks pretty stout. Where does it mount/hinge to? Original tailgate hinges? Or pivoted off the bumper/frame ?
Multiple points, it uses the stock hinge hole as well as you have to drill multiple other mounting points which it provides 3/16 steel backing plates for its designed to hold up to a 35” tire with two full 5 gallon Jerry cans and a hilift jack if you like