What did you do to your TJ today?

Did 100,000 mile maintenance tried to figure out why my front locker light always blinks but the locker works. And started to install led pods below the hindge on the windshield.

1F9921CB-4E7A-4AC2-8E54-C20B9DE9E8B6.jpg

Reactions: Chris
Fixed both of my retaining straps with some metal screws, washers and a soldering iron. Easiest fix I've done in quite some time. Both had broken loose over the summer and I'd just been too lazy to do anything about it until yesterday. It's amazing the difference in road noise it makes just by fixing that tension on those straps.

Fixed both of my retaining straps with some metal screws, washers and a soldering iron. Easiest fix I've done in quite some time. Both had broken loose over the summer and I'd just been too lazy to do anything about it until yesterday. It's amazing the difference in road noise it makes just by fixing that tension on those straps.
'Retaining straps'?

They're the two heavy-duty nylon(?) webbing straps on the soft top frame that provide overall tension for the frame/top. Mine had broken loose from the rivets and the top was starting to sag and make tons of noise. Super nice here yesterday so it was a great day to take the top off and finally fix that annoyance.
Now it's clear...last TJ X I had the OP let the top go to hell...those straps were toast. I found a place that sold replacements and was able to resurrect the oem soft top frame.

Was 82 here yesterday. Pulled the doors and windows and installed new mirrors in the door door hinges. I like them but need to get used to the vibrating view! Also noticed my new bedrug kit drivers side wpull slide when you step in. Got a roll of heavy duty velcro - problem solved!

Reactions: FF_Jeep
Tested out the sandblaster on my Hi-Lift. Started with the bar. Liked the resultes so went ahead and primed it. Going to sandblast the other parts, buy a rebuild kit for all of the pins, paint it, and slap it back on the hood once it's done.
47ff38fd2345ac0a23acba3192c746fa.jpg
1f0646aab8bd5893882dd3ba72f8c047.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Wade
Put the stock air intake box back on and messed around with the jeep logo with some paint, happy with the result. View attachment 9772

Very nice, man! I like some of the TJ's small details to pop a little, and I like colors on some major parts that are a little different while not being bizarre. Here are some details from my TJ...

Red Johnny Joint Washers to replace my cam bolts...

IMG_3273.jpg

Silver steering knuckles...

IMG_3457.jpg

Silver sway bar...

IMG_4302.jpg

Red body mount caps and (if you look carefully, red rear sway bar links)...

IMG_5981.jpg

Very nice, man! I like some of the TJ's small details to pop a little, and I like colors on some major parts that are a little different while not being bizarre. Here are some details from my TJ...

View attachment 9841

View attachment 9842

Silver sway bar...

View attachment 9843

View attachment 9844

Woah. I have never thought in all my years to see such a clean tj. [emoji7] id buy tickets to see it

Reactions: StG58 and Wade
My Savvy MUA will be here on FRIDAY! YES!!!

I already have the BL, MML, cable shifter, SYE and driveshaft. I have the main kit (crossmember and main skid) and the front skid on the way. I am stoked. I have been working towards a real tummy tuck for years. I have the Savvy gas tank skid already. This is going to be very nice, indeed. If I can get my clutch job done and sort out my exhaust issues then I can start installing all this sweet Savvy stuff...

Last edited:
Woah. I have never thought in all my years to see such a clean tj. [emoji7] id buy tickets to see it
It is just a carport queen right now. I will have her looking like a new TJ when I am done. And then I can spend the next ten years beating the crap out of her. HAHAHA!!! I seriously cannot wait to get this thing on the trails. My JK is a lot of fun, but this thing will have 4.56 Revolution gears, alloy shafts, rear discs, selectable lockers, OBA and a modest but solid stereo system.

We plan to paint her, too, in the carport. Should be interesting. I love learning how to do all this stuff. Welding is next on my list.

If I have to wait much longer I think I will wet myself. ;-)

Thanks @ Wade. Like the details on your rig as well, nice work.

View attachment 9841

View attachment 9842

Silver sway bar...

View attachment 9843

View attachment 9844
How do you get the undercarriage so clean? I see that bottle of Simple Green.... Looks sharp!

Reactions: Chris