What did you do to your TJ today?

So, I put my hard top back on for the winter months and finally got around to putting up some door hangers in the garage. They are ladder holders that I got at one of the big home centers a few years back.
Now I just need to get these half doors painted to match my light khaki metallic..

IMG_20191103_164705889.jpg
IMG_20191104_160307142.jpg
IMG_20191104_113916605.jpg

I need to figure out a place to store my extra doors. I don’t have a bare wall in my shop. Don’t have a garage just a carport. I’ve got a walk in lawnmower storage shed and a pump house but they won’t protect the doors from critters. I’m seriously thinking about hanging them in my den/ mancave. They’ll be protected from the weather and bugs in the house. Anybody else store their off-season doors in the house?

Reactions: reddvltj
I pulled the covers off of my Tiburon seats and installed Dorman seat heaters. They work great!

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

To further get ready for the winter, I switched out the Alpine radio for a stock MOPAR radio. It's nice to have a radio with big knobs and buttons that I can work with my gloves on.

I pulled the covers off of my Tiburon seats and installed Dorman seat heaters. They work great!

View attachment 123656

View attachment 123657

To further get ready for the winter, I switched out the Alpine radio for a stock MOPAR radio. It's nice to have a radio with big knobs and buttons that I can work with my gloves on.

Best use of space of that empty spot. Looks factory. Well done!

Reactions: TJ Rubicus and PCO6
3/4 install of a teraflex 2” suspension lift.

not Fully installed because I broke all four of the bolts holding the rear shocks in. So for now I have a super bouncy ride. 😆
Did the Teraflex give you a true 2” lift? I want a 2” lift but hear people saying they get more like 3” out of some springs. I don’t want more than 2”.

Best use of space of that empty spot. Looks factory. Well done!
Thanks. I didn't want to do anything with that panel that would make it stand out too much and I think it turned out OK. I like that size and style of switch … nice and simple. The other 2 switches are for lights on an over head console I'm building. I have 14 of them in total and hopefully none that look out of place.

Dome light cut outs.
picture.jpg

Courtesy lights in the console and glove box.
picture.jpg

Rear bumper LED's.
picture.jpg

The remaining 4 are in a box I'm working on and will install just inside the tailgate. It includes a 12V socket, USB ports, a voltmeter and switches for interior dome and tailgate lights.

Last edited:
I got underneath and lubricated all the joints everywhere. I have a squeak that developed when it got cooler. The bushings looked dry and cracked some on the passenger's side. Dry but ok on the driver's side.

My squeak sounded passenger front for a while then passenger rear. Or I'm crazy. So everything got lubed and cleaned up. We'll see tomorrow if that got it, but even if it didn't the Jeep needed it.

I think I'll add new control arms to the lift list.

Did the Teraflex give you a true 2” lift? I want a 2” lift but hear people saying they get more like 3” out of some springs. I don’t want more than 2”.
I’ll try to find my pics but I gained more than 2” in the front and 2” in the rear of my Rubicon (IIRC). The spring lift leveled the Jeep.

Morryde Hinge & Tailgate Reinforcement installed this weekend (had to drill & chisel out the rear pax seatbelt bolt - that was fun) in addition to a Fox steering stabilizer and front Fox reservoir shocks (rear pair enroute). Rock Hard 4x4 rear bumper ordered to replace the swing out version (swing shaft prevents the tailgate from fully opening).

Last edited:
Thanks. I didn't want to do anything with that panel that would make it stand out too much and I think it turned OK. I like that size of switch … nice and simple. The other 2 switches are for lights on an over head console I'm building. I have 14 of them in total and hopefully none that look out of place.

Dome light cut outs.
View attachment 123694

Courtesy lights in the console and glove box.
View attachment 123695

Rear bumper LED's.
View attachment 123696

The remaining 4 are in a box I'm working on and will install just in side the tailgate. It includes a 12V socket, USB ports, a voltmeter and switches for interior dome and tailgate lights.

Very very nicely done. Nothing looks out of place or flashy/distracting. Thanks for sharing your photos!

Well yesterday.. I ordered my new Tom Wood's drive shafts :cool:

- They shipped!!
Where did you order it from? I ordered my Tom woods shaft from Morris 4x4 on Friday and they still haven’t contacted me about measurements. Gonna call them tomorrow and see what’s going on otherwise I’m going to cancel my order and order it straight from his website.

Who needs a dash anyways? It still runs and drives just fine!
View attachment 123561
This was actually very simple to do. I’ll probably do a write up on it after I put the dash back in.

Removing the dash is a lot easier than I expected. It’s tedious, but not difficult.

Here’s an excellent video on the procedure for late model TJ