What did you do to your TJ today?

From his profile lools like he has an LJR, so he'll need an electronic speed corrector like the Speedo Healer or Yellow Box.

It's early and I missed that one! I went through the same thing and installed one myself. If it helps, here is a writeup I did when I installed mine:

After having this in the garage for a long time I finally got around to installing the HealTech speedometer calibrator from Blue Monkey Motor sports. The calibrator plugs into the factory harness for all 97 - 06 TJ and LJs, including either the 231 or 241OR transfer case.

http://www.bluemonkeymotorsports.com/products_ht.html

The installation was literally this simple:

- Take the SPEEDOHEALER out of the package
- Unplug the speedometer wire that goes into the transfer case
- Plug the SPEEDOHEALER into the transfer case
- Plug the factory wire into the SPEEDOHEALER pigtail
- Run the wire over the transfer case and up near the firewall (battery side)
- Follow the simple programming on the well written instructions
- Zip tie the SPEEDOHEALER wherever you want it to be
- Close hood and test drive

Note #1: Before doing the install make sure that you note, using a GPS, the speed that the speedometer is reading when your actual (i.e. real) speed is 60 MPH. Once you've done this you look up reading from your speedometer on the chart they provide. For example, my speedometer read 70 MPH, while my GPS said the actual speed was 60 MPH. I looked up 70 MPH on the chart, which gave me the "correction value" of 14.3%. I entered this number into the control unit and it worked perfect.

http://www.bluemonkeymotorsports.com/downloads/SHV4A_User_Guide.pdf

Note #2: The display on the SPEEDOHEALER control unit, pictured, only shows one number at a time, so you would then have to enter the correction factor in one number at a time. In my case, 1, then 4, then 3, giving me the needed 14.3% correction

Final Note: The entire install took me 30 minutes from start to finish. This included adding split loom tubing on the entire length of wire provided by HealTech. It also included more time than normal for running the wire from the transfer case to the firewall. It was more difficult in my case, because I have a 241OR case and ultra tummy tuck. This resulted in me not having much room to easily access running the wire. The total cost was $120 (I think it's more now!), plus a few feet of 3/8" wire loom tubing.

etlnW48.jpg

Reactions: taylormade73
It's early and I missed that one! I went through the same thing and installed one myself. If it helps, here is a writeup I did when I installed mine:

After having this in the garage for a long time I finally got around to installing the HealTech speedometer calibrator from Blue Monkey Motor sports. The calibrator plugs into the factory harness for all 97 - 06 TJ and LJs, including either the 231 or 241OR transfer case.

http://www.bluemonkeymotorsports.com/products_ht.html

The installation was literally this simple:

- Take the SPEEDOHEALER out of the package
- Unplug the speedometer wire that goes into the transfer case
- Plug the SPEEDOHEALER into the transfer case
- Plug the factory wire into the SPEEDOHEALER pigtail
- Run the wire over the transfer case and up near the firewall (battery side)
- Follow the simple programming on the well written instructions
- Zip tie the SPEEDOHEALER wherever you want it to be
- Close hood and test drive

Note #1: Before doing the install make sure that you note, using a GPS, the speed that the speedometer is reading when your actual (i.e. real) speed is 60 MPH. Once you've done this you look up reading from your speedometer on the chart they provide. For example, my speedometer read 70 MPH, while my GPS said the actual speed was 60 MPH. I looked up 70 MPH on the chart, which gave me the "correction value" of 14.3%. I entered this number into the control unit and it worked perfect.

http://www.bluemonkeymotorsports.com/downloads/SHV4A_User_Guide.pdf

Note #2: The display on the SPEEDOHEALER control unit, pictured, only shows one number at a time, so you would then have to enter the correction factor in one number at a time. In my case, 1, then 4, then 3, giving me the needed 14.3% correction

Final Note: The entire install took me 30 minutes from start to finish. This included adding split loom tubing on the entire length of wire provided by HealTech. It also included more time than normal for running the wire from the transfer case to the firewall. It was more difficult in my case, because I have a 241OR case and ultra tummy tuck. This resulted in me not having much room to easily access running the wire. The total cost was $120 (I think it's more now!), plus a few feet of 3/8" wire loom tubing.

View attachment 123887
Yes, thats what I did too for mine, minus an awesome write up like you just did. Point of note, I believe Blue Monkey is out of business. They cancelled my order a couple montha ago and their Google page says permantly closed. I had to find mine eleswhere. I'll see if I can't dig that up somewhere.

Yes, thats what I did too for mine, minus an awesome write up like you just did. Point of note, I believe Blue Monkey is out of business. They cancelled my order a couple montha ago and their Google page says permantly closed. I had to find mine eleswhere. I'll see if I can't dig that up somewhere.

That really sucks. Their product was fantastic and super easy to install!

That really sucks. Their product was fantastic and super easy to install!
I think Blue Monkey was just a distributer for Heal Tech. So other retailers could and I believe do distribute it. Not sure how long that'll last though. Yes, I love it. It's nice to have something that you can simply adjust if you change anything on your build without having to replace Speedo gear everytime.

There is also an awesome write up on how to buy a cheap Speedo healer and wire it for your Rubicon. https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/how-to-make-a-speedohealer-harness.27169/post-440166

I got my Speedo Healer from https://www.polyperformance.com/hea...wrangler-04-06-tj-98-01-cherokee-xj-shv4a-j01

Man the price sure has went up. I'm guessing from its limited availability now.

I saw that one and you're correct, price hike! To the OP, if you can get one, it's definitely a very good product.

Reactions: taylormade73
Trying to decide on what to do this winter on it. Besides drive it.

Since the summers around here SUCK the fall and winter are the perfect time to get some stuff done. As for me I'm going to replace the control arm bushings, insulate the interior and inspect the frame for rust and address any I find.

New control arm bushings are on my to do list as well . The rubbers on my lower ones look pretty horrible.

I picked up the LJ with a shiny new rebuilt transmission. I knew it needed work but didn't realize how rough it had gotten; now my shifts are smooth as butter and drive-line vibrations are gone.

Reactions: mgroeger
I picked up the LJ with a shiny new rebuilt transmission. I knew it needed work but didn't realize how rough it had gotten; now my shifts are smooth as butter and drive-line vibrations are gone.

Out of curiosity, how many miles did you have on the old trans?

Something north of 100K. To be honest I don't know exactly how many miles this Jeep has. A PO had put on 35s without upgrading the speedometer gear, so the 101K that's on there is low. Maybe 110K? I put in the correct gear when I got it in May at 94K on the odometer.

Strangely, the shop told me that the torque converter had been replaced in 2018 (which was the code I was getting), but that nothing else had been rebuilt. Hopefully I've fixed whatever gremlins were in there.

Had a buddy that has a family-owned machine shop face down the 4 body lift pucks where the step sliders go. Then installed the step sliders againat the tub above the pucks. I like them., but didn't like having to trim down my Savvy body lift pucks. The deal on the sliders was too good to pass up though.

20191107_120315.jpg

20191107_120306.jpg

20191107_164201_HDR.jpg

20191107_164217.jpg

20191107_174240.jpg

Reactions: tworley
My oil skid plate came today so I got it painted and installed!! :D

IMG_3334.jpeg
IMG_3338.jpeg

Then I did something to help work on the Jeep. :D I had this old tool box that the rats made homes in, so I cleaned it out and gave it a paint job.

IMG_3335.jpeg

Were you expecting any other color? :D

The idea is to have it blend in with the house. I want to keep this one out front in my carport/porch area. We will lock it to the pole, but I wanted it to be less visible. I wanted my own tools because I like to work on my Jeep out in my carport or in the driveway. We have a 2400 square foot garage, but to just do minor stuff like tune ups and such, it is a lot faster and easier to just do it out front. That's what happens when you have a car fettish, one has to play musical cars to get into the garage. LOL

IMG_3336.jpeg

We are going to be extending the porch awning tomorrow, so I will be able to rearrange and get the tool box against the house next to the ac pole. Now I just need to get me some ratchet wrenches and some sockets and I should be good to go. Already screwdrivers and all. :D