What did you do to your TJ today?

Disassembled my highlight jack for the LJ. Stripped most of the parts and powder coated it to match with the colors Blackjack and Beige metallic.

8E4CD152-6662-4585-9D1B-69052EDA75D9.jpeg
3A810103-7557-4EC0-9E18-42F4DA140412.jpeg
8B49BB5F-24D7-4127-8BCE-E714F94E3F3A.jpeg
34736EBA-F7AA-4CD2-8D2E-C03F1FB08A96.jpeg

Let me know how it does. Mine is hard to start but mainly in the cold weather. So ever since winter started, I have had to basically crank for a second, then let off, then crank again and then it starts.

Can confirm it has fixed the hard starting issue and related misfires. Call me crazy but it feels smoother in acceleration as well.

Mine was replaced with an aftermarket brand under warranty, didn't last very long. So definitely recommended Bosch.

Replaced the 4wd indicator sensor on the transfer case today.

After doing some Googling on it, I found a few people complaining about the Dorman brand of sensors. I checked several auto parts store websites & found that brand a lot. Autozone had 2, Dorman & Wells Vehicle Electronics. The latter was a whopping $13. Twenty minutes later & I have a working dash indicator that I'm in 4WD.

The bummer is it says PART TIME. I get that its better than full time off road. But its a bit of a mind f*ck.

I installed the winch control plug into the cover, then installed the cover. :D Yep, even installed the rubber seal door upside down. LOL Oh well, still seals it. :D Tested the controller and all works great!! :D Next thing to finish it completely is to get the cable cut and fixed. Need to take out a couple bad spots. Someday I will by a purple synthetic line, but for now I have to deal with the cable.

F7893DAC-0195-4D1B-95D0-ECAC9858CAEC.jpeg

Later on I think I will probably move the plug to the grille, but for now it will stay under the hood. Not sure how much I will actually end up using the winch so, figured I'd wait on that mod. :D

Installed 4.5" Rock Krawler front springs today and am netting 4.5" of lift. Also spoke with RK who said the 4" I'm netting in rear is by design to eliminate the factory rake. Think id rather have the 4.5 rear and longer in front to adjust for rake. But oh well they're already installed. Looks great and has nice road manners paired with my tuned Fox shocks.

EDIT: net 4.5" front and 4" rear
20200110_200228_HDR.jpg

20200110_200218_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
What do you have to do to get it out?
Leaves and twigs can accumulate in the fan from getting through the grate on your windshield cowling. You hear the sound of something spinning around in there for the first time, and you’re praying to the Jeep gods to have mercy on you 🤣

Leaves and twigs can accumulate in the fan from getting through the grate on your windshield cowling. You hear the sound of something spinning around in there for the first time, and you’re praying to the Jeep gods to have mercy on you 🤣
I heard some noise in there when I first got my Jeep but it stopped but now after seeing Mike JF’s post I would like to clean mine but need to know what to remove to get to it.

What do you have to do to get it out?
On my 2006 it inside under the dash! Just unplug and pull down the one tab that’s located just toward the firewall from the plug. Twist it while pulling down on the tab. If you know how it just a couple minutes to do. There is a video on YouTube somewhere if you search.