What did you do to your TJ today?

Replaced cracked header with a aftermarket one made by A1 Auto Parts. Old header was cracked all the way around one of the the tubes.
Aftermarket one fit good but had to be grinded down in the areas where the mount bolts secured the intake and header. Four areas total had to be ground down about a quarter inch.

Next I am replacing the cat and muffler. Cat has a rattle in it and the muffler has holes from the mounting straps.

3AA37CA8-A070-4E7C-830E-4F7A3282C6B7.jpeg

DE8044A8-FDD8-4014-A090-66553A28E09F.jpeg

Reactions: TJ Starting
I'm not a fan of my interior lights not turning on when I open the tailgate so it did the very "labor" intensive mod of adding a light to the inside of hardtop near the tailgate/back window😩 After making the long 10 minute drive to tractor supply to buy a little battery operated switch light and velcro it to the top I felt whipped!😆
20200111_180351.jpg
20200111_180358.jpg

(I know my lights are on in the pictures, my drivers door was left open lol)

Took advantage of 54F weather up here in Maine today and installed the s160 radio I bought from a forum member. Installation was pretty straight forward since he included all the pigtails and wiring. Can't wait play with it a bit more. Need to drive closer to the house so I can pick up some wifi before finishing up some software details.

IMG_20200111_161640.jpg

I'm not a fan of my interior lights not turning on when I open the tailgate so it did the very "labor" intensive mod of adding a light to the inside of hardtop near the tailgate/back window😩 After making the long 10 minute drive to tractor supply to buy a little battery operated switch light and velcro it to the top I felt whipped!😆

I did the same thing last winter. Except my tractor supply had an LED bar with some velco straps so I was able to just strap it to the roll bar in back. Still have the light when I run a soft top.

I did the same thing last winter. Except my tractor supply had an LED bar with some velco straps so I was able to just strap it to the roll bar in back. Still have the light when I run a soft top.
Well that's a way better idea than what I did! I'll have to stop back there some day and look for that!

Took my factory jack out of the Jeep to make sure it functioned. Glad I did, it was very hard to operate. It was a chore to even get it out of the Jeep because I could not get it loosened up and retracted enough to remove it. Ended up lubing it up a bit and running it up and down until it could be operated by hand when it wasn’t under load. I even put it under the rear axle and operated it up and down. It would have been very frustrating to learn that it wasn’t working properly on the side of the road with a flat.

almost burned my house down, among other things. Started out pulling my rear coils for the first time since buying the TJ, took some time to clean up the spring perches & give them a coat of paint.

IMG_3152.JPG
IMG_3163.JPG

The boy was scheduled to come over late afternoon to change his oil so I thought I’d make a few pies, a sausage, a pepperoni & a plain. Got distracted & this happened. Thought I turned the gas off before I went back out into the garage. Came in 10 minutes later & the entire house was filled with thick gray smoke & all the smoke detectors were beeping. Thankfully I have a massive whole house fan & it was in the mid-60s temp-wise, I opened up all the windows & cranked that fucker up for about 2 hours to pull the stank out. I can still smell it though this morning, coulda been a lot worse without the fan, or worse still had I not come back in so quickly.

IMG_3157.JPG

all's well that ends well, made two pepperoni pies & one plain.

IMG_3155.JPG

The boy wolfed down a whole pepperoni pie himself & took most of the leftovers with him for an hour later when he gets hungry :LOL:, ahh to be 23 again

IMG_3156.JPG

Took advantage of 54F weather up here in Maine today and installed the s160 radio I bought from a forum member. Installation was pretty straight forward since he included all the pigtails and wiring. Can't wait play with it a bit more. Need to drive closer to the house so I can pick up some wifi before finishing up some software details.

View attachment 133762
If you have a smartphone it probably has a data/wi-fi hot spot you can use.

almost burned my house down, among other things. Started out pulling my rear coils for the first time since buying the TJ, took some time to clean up the spring perches & give them a coat of paint.

View attachment 133843View attachment 133844

The boy was scheduled to come over late afternoon to change his oil so I thought I’d make a few pies, a sausage, a pepperoni & a plain. Got distracted & this happened. Thought I turned the gas off before I went back out into the garage. Came in 10 minutes later & the entire house was filled with thick gray smoke & all the smoke detectors were beeping. Thankfully I have a massive whole house fan & it was in the mid-60s temp-wise, I opened up all the windows & cranked that fucker up for about 2 hours to pull the stank out. I can still smell it though this morning, coulda been a lot worse without the fan, or worse still had I not come back in so quickly.

View attachment 133845

all's well that ends well, made two pepperoni pies & one plain.

View attachment 133846

The boy wolfed down a whole pepperoni pie himself & took most of the leftovers with him for an hour later when he gets hungry :LOL:, ahh to be 23 again

View attachment 133847

I have done that before, had to open all the windows and turn the air conditioner on to help blow it out. LOL

You through me off on the pies. I was thinking pumpkin pie type of pies, not pizza. LOL

If you have a smartphone it probably has a data/wi-fi hot spot you can use.

Yes it does. Though it doesn't have as much bandwidth as the house WiFi. Eventually I hope to have Tasker on my phone set up to automatically turn on the hotspot when it sees the radio's wifi or triggered by an NFC chip. Haven't decided which way I want to go yet.

Reactions: matkal
So I didn't get time to install it today, because I had to go to work this afternoon, but I did receive my latest bolt on modification for my TJ.
Maybe I'll have time to do it tomorrow before I go to work.....
Oh, wait, maybe I won't have time.

IMG_20200112_131319925_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200112_131501776.jpg

Okay, enough for the funny business. As you can see in the picture, yes, I have made a purchase for a somewhat major upgrade. Something I have wanted to do in a TJ for several years but have never found the correct one or the time and money to do it. So no, I don't have the time or money to do it, but I do think I have the correct one to put the motor in. So we will see how that goes, and if anyone else on the forum has gone through this it would be nice to know any hints or tips. I'm going to take my time and not rush through this because I want it to be done right. I figure it will take me a few months because of my work schedule.
Anyway I thought I would just share this because I did get the motor delivered to my house today.

So I didn't get time to install it today, because I had to go to work this afternoon, but I did receive my latest bolt on modification for my TJ.
Maybe I'll have time to do it tomorrow before I go to work.....
Oh, wait, maybe I won't have time.

View attachment 133960
View attachment 133959

Okay, enough for the funny business. As you can see in the picture, yes, I have made a purchase for a somewhat major upgrade. Something I have wanted to do in a TJ for several years but have never found the correct one or the time and money to do it. So no, I don't have the time or money to do it, but I do think I have the correct one to put the motor in. So we will see how that goes, and if anyone else on the forum has gone through this it would be nice to know any hints or tips. I'm going to take my time and not rush through this because I want it to be done right. I figure it will take me a few months because of my work schedule.
Anyway I thought I would just share this because I did get the motor delivered to my house today.
Now that looks like some fun.

Reactions: Blondie70