What did you do to your TJ today?

Did you use decals for all of the chrome? Where did you get those? I used a paint pen for the horizontal trim parts between the buttons, but I was hesitant to do the same for the knobs.
I didn't. Everything except for the white ring was painted. The decal was just temporary. It's just a cutout from some automotive vinyl wrap. I tried using it for those little chrome strips between the buttons, but it was a pain in the ass. Gave up and just used painter's tape to mask off everything. Then scuffed the chrome with some fine grit paper (3000-5000, I think). Then hit it all with a few light coats of spray paint.

I will be painting the rings though. I have a plan in my head, so it should make it pretty simple. I'll let you know how that goes.

Here's a closer picture to see how the strips and knobs turned out.

Screenshot_20200115-093120.png

Last edited:
After looking at several pictures on this website, I finally figured out how to properly install the boot on my shifter so that it doesn't move when I shift and leave gaps. Something little, but it was bothering me.

I
After looking at several pictures on this website, I finally figured out how to properly install the boot on my shifter so that it doesn't move when I shift and leave gaps. Something little, but it was bothering me.
switched from my 5 spd to a six speed. Haven’t figured out the boot issue yet. Running the Jeep with a gaping hole.

Today i lengthened my control arms in the back to as long as possible in hopes that it would correct my rear sway issue. It most certainly helped but i think i still need to dial in the front more. Gonna take some advice from my new friends on the forum and ditch the DPA, and hopefully b free as they say i will.

Today i lengthened my control arms in the back to as long as possible in hopes that it would correct my rear sway issue. It most certainly helped but i think i still need to dial in the front more. Gonna take some advice from my new friends on the forum and ditch the DPA, and hopefully b free as they say i will.
I ended up lengthening the lowers on the rear by about 1.5". Totally straightend the bend in the springs.

Hopefully you won't experience driveline vibration. I believe by lengthening the lowers you brought your pinion angle down.
I def did bring my pinion angle down. I kinda needed to as my spring saddles were at a drastic different angle and causing a bend in my springs. Straightened it right up and reduced my rear end sway. Im gonna have to get a SYE in the near future. Dont wanna wheel it too hard until i do.

I def did bring my pinion angle down. I kinda needed to as my spring saddles were at a drastic different angle and causing a bend in my springs. Straightened it right up and reduced my rear end sway. Im gonna have to get a SYE in the near future. Dont wanna wheel it too hard until i do.
The other issue you might check is clearance between the diff cover and gas tank skid.

Reactions: Shamu
installed a Homelink system for the garage door.

View attachment 134229
Very nice! I did the same but on the other side of the column and in a matching color so it would not be as noticeable. I also wired it up to be powered only with the ignition for those times I leave the Jeep in the driveway with no doors.

Last edited: