What did you do to your TJ today?

Swapped the winch hook for a TRE safety thimble.

7DB6A8E5-9E38-4D6C-A544-95C670CA5F65.jpeg

0FDC0382-3257-4D9C-B0E8-524FCDDEC4FC.jpeg

Got a LOT accomplished today;

New "J" (?) bolts for the battery and U nuts for the trays.

3885322A-C332-42FB-A9D5-BA576EE2804F.jpeg

Installed the battery tray and ABS tray
311DB0CC-D0D1-4EB5-8CC5-7990B0426892.jpeg
0D478EC2-B0A8-41BF-BE83-DDBE762E2145.jpeg

And got pretty much everything but the fenders installed, need to hook up the headlight harness and fill the cooling system and install the battery and the intake.
5CEA1FDB-84C1-43AC-8562-7A92C3764C32.jpeg
20FF21DD-89D1-42C8-96A4-F9B147E7803A.jpeg

She's looking like a Jeep again, hopefully I'll get her started soon. The wife is out of town next weekend so I'm going to try to get my fenders painted. At least the inner parts of the fenders so I can put them back on.
😎🤓😁

Last edited:
safelite came out to take care of the cracked windshield today (y)
View attachment 139034

someone somewhere dropped the ball initially, i had called state farm a week ago and was told safelight would contact me shortly. well a week passed without hearing back from anyone, called insurance last night and safelite was out first thing this morning.

How much did they charge you? I'm thinking about doing this. But I don't have a crack. Just 20 years of sand blasting that makes the windshield terrible to view through. I do have a tiny ding in it. (This post is starting to sound like a bad joke. lol.) Been thinking about hitting it with something. So insurance will pay for a new one. lol.

How much did they charge you? I'm thinking about doing this. But I don't have a crack. Just 20 years of sand blasting that makes the windshield terrible to view through. I do have a tiny ding in it. (This post is starting to sound like a bad joke. lol.) Been thinking about hitting it with something. So insurance will pay for a new one. lol.
Depending on how pitted it is your insurance company might pay for it because it can be considered a safety factor. (Rain does not sheet off a pitted windshield as easily). I had a windshield with scratches on it that was covered for just that reason.

Details on where you got the leather boot?
Details on where you got the leather boot?
Redline Goods ... They will do custom colours, multi colours, stitch colours etc... I just wanted black... Took about 2 weeks for delivery to Canada.
Really happy... I didn't need any glue... Just pulled it over and snapped it in.

Gained 2.25" of ground clearance w/a UCF Extra Clearance Skid. Engine skid yet to be installed. Also replaced a ridiculous Magnaflow exhaust system that I installed 3 yrs ago. The stock exhaust was rotted. I like the look/design of the Magnaflow, but it was ridiculously loud. Now I have a Gibson cat back. Soo much nicer.

My pallet of parts is growing. View attachment 139192View attachment 139193
Fogs original? Look in great condition

insurance covered the total bill. ive got full glass coverage with a $0 deductible.
i know what you mean about the sand blasting though, mine was from the denver area and it took alot of sand/grit from the roads out there. the whole front end of the jeep is plastered with rock chips. im surprised yours has lasted 20 years, my dad leased several tjs over the years when i was younger and i remember windshields only tend to last a half of a year to a year before they crack.

Finally got the new head unit and speakers installed. Had to deal with this mess from the PO(wire harness adapters, use them, don't hack)

The head unit is an XA AVX3000 Sony and puts out very decent power. With the now back to 4x6" Polk speakers upfront and the boom mat enclosures, as well as the four-speaker and dual tweeter rear overhead soundbar, the sound is much fuller and crisper. May not need to go subwoofer for a while. Now I find myself lowering the volume to hear the motor lol

Cleaned everything upfront and taped over any exposed wires plus added the mic for the hands-free. Easy.

View attachment 138700
This mess!

View attachment 138702

View attachment 138703

View attachment 138705
Hip hop makes for a great sound quality test indeed ;)
How did you get the Double din to fit? I've been wanting to move to a stereo with a screen for a while, just haven't been able to figure out how to fit it.