What did you do to your TJ today?

How did you get the Double din to fit? I've been wanting to move to a stereo with a screen for a while, just haven't been able to figure out how to fit it.
The HU itself has a double tin face, but the business part of it is single din. Purchased a new bezel that allows and fits a double din radio(same as LJ mentioned before Metra 95-6549 Dash Kit from Crutchfield) and the rest was pretty straight forward. Not the greatest quality, but it fits well, works and was a simple fix. I cut the mount in half to just fit what I needed an routed everything under it bundled up neatly, just in case I need to service anything. Will probably get a USB flush mount to add to the bezel instead of the dangler setup now for the USB. Just to clean things up. Having the XM as well as radio and US plus the Bluetooth connectivity is a welcome change from the previous setup. Not to mention now I can voice to text in case I need to.

Last edited:
Reactions: dschwes
I've been seeing more and more of this on here. Did you use the poly from Walmart or similar?
Get a cheap pillow from either Kmart or Walmart with the polyfill and it's plenty for three cars. Plus cheaper than buying the same material from a speaker supply chain. Done this for a few vehicles and works like a charm

Installed a new Trasharoo.

IMG_20200209_143039.jpg

Replaced the old drag link and re-greased all components I could that had zerk fittings on the front end. The passenger side boot was missing and although there was grease there, the tie rod was not working right. Added a "cure" puck as well while at it. Alignment is almost there. Will probably upgrade the tie rod next to match the new drag link. All in all, not a bad job. Could have done it in less than an hour if I didn't go in the front to check for rust and do some preventative work since it was nice out this weekend.

tierod old and new.jpg

tierod old and new 2.jpg

tierod old and new 3.jpg

Gained 2.25" of ground clearance w/a UCF Extra Clearance Skid. Engine skid yet to be installed. Also replaced a ridiculous Magnaflow exhaust system that I installed 3 yrs ago. The stock exhaust was rotted. I like the look/design of the Magnaflow, but it was ridiculously loud. Now I have a Gibson cat back. Soo much nicer.

My pallet of parts is growing. View attachment 139192View attachment 139193

You going to sell those fog lights???

Bought My TJ a baby brother...(or going off the colour maybe its a sister)
As you can see it does need some TLC seat is torn, the red is now pink and its gets death wobble alittle over 3 mph. haha
Not sure if to restore it back to Red or change it up to make a 'mini me' of my TJ, maybe even Army drab.
Time will tell after I start pulling it apart
Toy1.JPG
toy3.JPG
toy2.JPG