What did you do to your TJ today?

Polk DB522s came yesterday so today I 3D printed front speaker pods. This is the left front; right side is still printing.
Jeep Speaker Pod.jpg

That's cool. Where did you get it?
Thanks, I’m really happy with how it turned out. I bought it on Amazon. I had to Dremel the hole a little bit to open it up since this charger is a slightly larger diameter than the lighter was. The charger comes with an line glass fuse too which I cut out before I spliced it in since the cigarette lighter is already fused anyway. Hopefully this link will work....
Quick Charge 3.0 Car Charger, CHGeek 12V/24V 36W Aluminum Waterproof Dual QC3.0 USB Fast Charger Socket Power Outlet with LED Digital Voltmeter for Marine, Boat, Motorcycle, Truck, Golf Cart and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F84VVB4/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Very nice!! Was your cigarette lighter already offset to the right? Mine is right in the middle.... I want to do something like this but also keep my cigarette lighter slot.
No, on mine, I had two slots there. On the left, where I installed the USB charger was where the cigarette lighter was located. The one to the right that you see is accessory power from the battery. I left one to use a GPS unit or anything else that I might want to plug in.
I believe (don't quote me) on the 97-02's there was an ashtray to the right and only a single cigarette lighter that was mounted in the middle of that panel like you are describing in your setup. I imagine that since you have only one lighter plug, you could drill a new hole left or right of the lighter since you want to keep your lighter too and just splice into the wires feeding your lighter. The fuse for the lighter (on mine) is a 20 amp fuse so there shouldn't be a problem using one of these chargers and the cigarette lighter together...?? I think cigarette lighters only draw about 8-10 amps to heat the lighter and USB chargers draw anywhere from 1.0 amp to I think this 3.0 charger is about 2.4 amps??? So a 20 amp fuse should be fine!

Reactions: mikespine
“Question. Is peptobismal expected color situation for the transfer case (ashamed I hae never changed one I always have a shop do the oils)”

Almost positive that is this...

https://www.redlineoil.com/heavy-shockproof
It’s exactly the color of pepto bismol, I have used it in the transmissions of my BMW motorcycles
Sounds like water has gotten into your TC and mixed with the trans fluid. For your TC just use ATF.

Reactions: Irun
No, on mine, I had two slots there. On the left, where I installed the USB charger was where the cigarette lighter was located. The one to the right that you see is accessory power from the battery. I left one to use a GPS unit or anything else that I might want to plug in.
I believe (don't quote me) on the 97-02's there was an ashtray to the right and only a single cigarette lighter that was mounted in the middle of that panel like you are describing in your setup. I imagine that since you have only one lighter plug, you could drill a new hole left or right of the lighter since you want to keep your lighter too and just splice into the wires feeding your lighter. The fuse for the lighter (on mine) is a 20 amp fuse so there shouldn't be a problem using one of these chargers and the cigarette lighter together...?? I think cigarette lighters only draw about 8-10 amps to heat the lighter and USB chargers draw anywhere from 1.0 amp to I think this 3.0 charger is about 2.4 amps??? So a 20 amp fuse should be fine!
You are spot on. Ashtray on the right, cigarette lighter on the left side centered in the middle. I'll see if there is room on one of the sides. Appreciate the info!! Love the set up!

Reactions: dschwes
There is a link that you can use to input your V.I.N. and it will show you what your Jeep came with from the factory. I don't have to.e this morning to look it up but if I believe it is in the resources section of the forum.
I couldn’t find that. I’m no good with this computer/phone stuff and my kids won’t help. They say that I should already know this