What did you do to your TJ today?

A friend of my husbands passed away and my husband has been helping his wife clean up properties they owned. The Jeepster was left on one of their friends property and we had to go get it. I saw it and decided it would be a fun project. The wife gave it to me. The price was right but it has a ton of rust in the body. One day I hope to actually get it back on the road. It just won't be the 4 wheeling Jeep I thought I was going to be able to make. It will be a nice grocery getter. :D

I got my TJ shortly after getting the Jeepster and since the TJ ran, my attention switched to it. One day I will get back on the Jeepster though. Now it is just a matter of getting my hubby to clean all the stuff that accumulated under it, so I can lower it to actually start working on it. LOL That is the only problem with having it on the lift in the air. Stuff ended up under it for "temporary". LOL In fact, hubby was mentioning taking it off the lift so he could put his bus on it. I was almost kind of happy because I could actually do something to it if it is on the ground. LOL View attachment 145993
Love that old school iron.

No, you showed a picture of my era Jeep with the ashtray removed and another stock switch panel with cigarette lighter opening installed. How does it install? Or are you just posting pictures showing someone has done it??
my apologies, the links the guys above posted for the dual mod are perfect.

Reactions: reddvltj
Swapped in to summer mode- bikini top and wind jammer, pulled out the rear seat and carpet.

need to make some sort of supplemental bow to keep the water from pooling in the bikini top this summer. That's always a pain.

Also new spark plugs, oil change, and filters. Ready for the nice weather Coronavirus be damned.

Reactions: Sea Cot
Love that old school iron.

This is why I can't work on it.
8A81EE71-7C12-4E09-80E6-CB4A79FD15A9.jpeg

To make this a "what did I do to my TJ thread". Good news is, once the step kid gets the brakes done on his car today, I am going to take the TJ over and either today or tomorrow start on it's BL and MML!! :D

Pic of it waiting patiently for the kid to get done. LOL
9CB00915-2452-4FE3-9635-DA749FC79278.jpeg

This is why I can't work on it.View attachment 146106

To make this a "what did I do to my TJ thread". Good news is, once the step kid gets the brakes done on his car today, I am going to take the TJ over and either today or tomorrow start on it's BL and MML!! :D

Pic of it waiting patiently for the kid to get done. LOLView attachment 146107
I see a type 4 motor hidden under there. ;)

Reactions: KimsJeep
My wife and I made conscious decision about 3 yrs ago to stock up on non perishables including TP. We wanted to have about a 3mo supply just in case some crazy shit happens. Glad we had foresight.😀
It's these shitheads that are hording everything up to resell for profit (they think). I was at our local walmart today (small town), they were COMPLETELY out of all paper goods.
I think we can make it about 1 1/2 to 2 months w/ 5 of us, and now my kid's friend who got kicked out by his asshole step-dud.
Not so much crazy shit, more like stupid people...Facebook zombies.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fonz54
Local auto recycler had a tj listed with a subwoofer. Picked up the entire center console for $60..
more than i wanted to spend but well worth it to me as its the same color as rest of interior and in decent shape.

Stripped out the blown subwoofer, tossed the front portion of the console, armrest and amplifier. Scrubbed down the console with a hose and soap, it was gross.

Ordered a kicker 1 ohm dvc sub and 200.1 micro mono kicker amp rated to run at .5 ohm & a speaker terminal fitting from Crutchfield, should be in Wednesday night.

Plans are to remove the fins off the old heat sync drill a hole in it and mount the speaker terminal assembly to it. debating whether to take the time to tap and thread screws in the aluminum heat sync or jb weld the unused holes shut then silicone it to the housing.

amps likely gonna be hidden alongside the 4 channel micro amp under the steering column.

im looking forward to having a more oem appearance rather than having the old (and likely sad) kicker hideaway stuffed under the rear seat with cleaner wiring layout. Additionally hopefully it will sound better than the hideaway too, the hideaway is kinda lackluster in the jeep IMO.

Its been several years since ive messed with subwoofers, im looking forward to the project.

IMG_20200314_185810.jpg

Brake job with new BMB rotors and pads. All went well until I put the caliper bolts back in on the front passenger (all the rest went in ok) and found threads in knuckle were no bueno. Ruined my day, since I was planning to go out wheeling tomorrow. I've since ordered @mrblaine knuckle fixer kit. Can't get here soon enough.

Reactions: L J
just in case some crazy shit happens. .😀
I must say that you if have 'crazy shit' happening then having enough Tp is the least of your worries...with a strong case of fudge puddles, 3 months supply wont last the night hehe :poop: