What did you do to your TJ today?

I replaced my blower motor and resistor. Problem is still the switch though. I've got a new HVAC control coming. This will be the third one installed since I've had the Jeep. Last one was replaced when I installed the AC kit though so it didn't die.

20200323_131310.jpg
The name is kind of a family thing from my kids when they were younger. (Can't figure out how to rotate the first photo).

20200321_110307.jpg

Out here your cant tint your front windscreen at all....only a small strip across the top no deeper than your sun visors) and that's it..
Same here for the whole windshield and the amount I have on the driver front and passenger front.

I assumed the risk based on my eye sensitivity. Is that any excuse to skirt the law? No. If I get pulled over for the tint, i’ll take full responsibility, pay the ticket, and reconsider the tint.

Finally tracked down an evap leak (CEL P0455) with the recently delivered Autoline Pro smoke machine. The evap line was still inserted in the connector but not seated. Previously R&R’d the Leak Detection Pump & filter after discovering a frikkin’ mouse chewed on the original’s rubber hose.
View attachment 147839
View attachment 147840
View attachment 147841
Not a bad price at all on their smoke machines. After some research on them, I may grab one for the garage. Thanks for the post.

Reactions: Shamu
Jumped into the SYE install. Overall pretty easy, except I can't seem to figure out how to get the C clips on without destroying them 🤔 thought about drilling a couple holes in them like normal snap rings have, so the pliers have better control. Either they pop out of the pliers and go flying across the driveway, or they deform and are ruined, so far.

The tcase chain is super loose and making contact with stuff other than the gears, so waiting on a new one to come in the mail.

Also found a high pinion Dana 30 front for a good price (to replace my bent low pinion). Would have to regear it and I think I might need adjustable control arms to make it work (and a driveshaft?). On the fence but this seems like a good time to get it done depending on how much additional $ it's gonna eat up to make it work. What I like about the low pinion is that even with the axle seal blown there's probably still oil lubricating the pinion. Just can't seem to find one for a reasonable price 😝

View attachment 147916

View attachment 147917
How did you get your measurments for the new driveshaft before getting the SYE installed?

More work on the wontons.
Painted up the knuckles and other bits. Also stripped the front axle down and shave the drivers side cast back just over an inch. This will help when mounting TJ coil perches/truss. Next is to shorten the axle and shaft.

My Artec trusses are sitting at my mailbox in Sumas, WA but if I go get them, I will have to self quarantine 😂

Gives me time to clean up the rear now and grab rear disc brake conversion components

View attachment 147873

View attachment 147874

View attachment 147875

View attachment 147876
Will you be cutting, rotating, and welding the inner knuckles to adjust for proper caster?

Built a new seat base that lowers me an inch and a half. That way My head isn’t so close to the roll bar. When I added the PRP seats to the factory flip and fold base with the adapters it raised the seating position and being 6’5” tall I felt my head was too close as I couldn’t run my fingers between the roll bar and my head.

Jumped into the SYE install. Overall pretty easy, except I can't seem to figure out how to get the C clips on without destroying them 🤔 thought about drilling a couple holes in them like normal snap rings have, so the pliers have better control. Either they pop out of the pliers and go flying across the driveway, or they deform and are ruined, so far.

The tcase chain is super loose and making contact with stuff other than the gears, so waiting on a new one to come in the mail.

Also found a high pinion Dana 30 front for a good price (to replace my bent low pinion). Would have to regear it and I think I might need adjustable control arms to make it work (and a driveshaft?). On the fence but this seems like a good time to get it done depending on how much additional $ it's gonna eat up to make it work. What I like about the low pinion is that even with the axle seal blown there's probably still oil lubricating the pinion. Just can't seem to find one for a reasonable price 😝

View attachment 147916

View attachment 147917
Definitely something I need to get done to get the tummy tuck prep going

Built a new seat base that lowers me an inch and a half. That way My head isn’t so close to the roll bar. When I added the PRP seats to the factory flip and fold base with the adapters it raised the seating position and being 6’5” tall I felt my head was too close as I couldn’t run my fingers between the roll bar and my head.
Pictures of the base.

Reactions: L J