What did you do to your TJ today?

My project has stalled severely over the past month and a half. I started a new job and partially moved. My TJ has stayed at my parent's house with no progress until today. Today I finished putting a couple new gaskets on the 5.9 and adding oil. I got the new power steering pump and bracket installed as well as the new pulley wheel for it put on. I got the fenders and front grill bolted in place. So I can finally haul it to my place once I finish closing on my house in a few weeks. Then once I'm moved in and settled hopefully this (portion of the) project will be finished by the end of May and I'll finally have a running Jeep again. Just need to do the wiring harness for the swap, and finish putting fluids in.
1586661375495.png

1586750767233.png

Last edited:
Today I finished putting a couple new gaskets on the 5.9 and adding oil. I got the new power steering pump and bracket installed as well as the new pulley wheel for it put on. I got the fenders and front grill bolted in place.
Heck of some progress. Keep it up. I know you are excited to keep it the momentum up.

Reactions: TreverStevens
Other than re-locating the Anti-Splash Vent, I finished the PSC install. Many, many thanks to Blaine and others, who helped provide substantive input when answering my numerous questions. Overall, the job wasn't incredibly difficult, but did require some patience to get the reservoir, hose routing and 16" cooler properly placed. The final result was worth it. The steering feels light, all my previous clunks and steering creaks are gone, and no more pump groaning at full lock!

HsEbwTw.jpg

After getting the PSC installed, I was finally able to paint and install the UCF Ultra-Clearance front bumper that's been sitting in my garage for months.

View attachment 152475
Did you use the BMB kit and order the PSC items from PSC? I shot an email off to PSC asking for a parts quote and never heard anything back. If you had a parts list and a contact you could provide I’d appreciate any help.

Did you use the BMB kit and order the PSC items from PSC? I shot an email off to PSC asking for a parts quote and never heard anything back. If you had a parts list and a contact you could provide I’d appreciate any help.

At the time I ordered, Northridge was offering 20% off, so I purchased the PSC kit from them. I believe they have it for 15% off now. I did have to source a -8 AN fitting, for the reservoir, and some extra 1/2/ hose from a local hydraulic hose shop.