What did you do to your TJ today?

Finished the SYE and put the transfer case from -2" back to normal height, and swapped the upper control arms/set rear pinion angle.

Took a quick trip around the block and holy hell, it's not even recognizable as the same vehicle it's so smooth! I dropped the tcase from -1 to -2 while I was getting the funds for the sye kit,and that made it way better but this is so smooth I had no idea it could get this good.

I can't believe the PO was driving it around the way it was and just accepting it😝

View attachment 148408

View attachment 148409
What sye/driveshaft combo did you use? I’m looking to use an Adams drive shaft with a redrock sye on my own TJ. Also, so after you did the install, you were able to get rid of the t-case drop? I’ve currently got a 1” t-case drop and was wondering if I’d be able to delete it

Reactions: wyorob
Beautiful day today. Took the Jeep for a run, made few adjustments. My rear main seal replacement was a big fail, it's leaking. Not sure what the issue is, I was very meticulous making sure all the surfaces were clean and free of oil. Use the anaerobic gasket sealer and all. Really disappointed.

Before you admit defeat, check your valve cover gasket. I fixed my RMS leak by replacing the VC gasket.

Reactions: Alex01
20200419_153633.jpg

Gave it a wash.

What sye/driveshaft combo did you use? I’m looking to use an Adams drive shaft with a redrock sye on my own TJ. Also, so after you did the install, you were able to get rid of the t-case drop? I’ve currently got a 1” t-case drop and was wondering if I’d be able to delete it
I used the Adams shaft with the Teraflex sye. You should be able to eliminate the tcase drop. You'll want to adjust your pinion angle so your pinion is in line with the drive shaft.

Before I order the wrong parts, does anyone know the part numbers for the two valves on the top of the valve cover (PCV and CCV I think?) for a 2006 Wrangler? I did a search and I've seen that the back one has a small hole in the valve but then I read that 06 is different and doesn't have a small hole, it's similar to the front.

OEM reupholstered Katzkin leather! Had a local shop reupholster and add heaters to them last fall. I have the back seat matching too but I leave it out of the Jeep. The heaters are so nice for the winter
View attachment 154573View attachment 154574

Mine is a Summer Jeep so the heaters wouldn't be needed. But what did that cost you if you don't mind me asking? I know upholstery is not cheap.. Was it cheaper for you to go that route versus. seat covers?

Mine is a Summer Jeep so the heaters wouldn't be needed. But what did that cost you if you don't mind me asking? I know upholstery is not cheap.. Was it cheaper for you to go that route versus. seat covers?
Heaters are nice year round, well worth the $40 they cost.

I used Tom Woods, it seemed like a tossup between Adams and Tom. Got the SYE, driveline, and adjustable control arms all together.

I was able to get rid of the tcase drop. I forgot to get shorter skid bolts so I "temporarily" used the pucks on the outside to keep using the longer bolts.

It's night and day difference to drive now too. I got the jeep with a 3.5" SL and 1" tcase drop, it was like re-entering the atmosphere in the space shuttle above 50mph. I dropped the tcase another inch while I saved up for the sye kit, and that was might and day difference. I honestly didn't think it could get any better.

I'm sure once I finally get the bent front axle replaced it'll be another revelation in driveability 😂

Reactions: Midtenn
Replaced my leaking valve cover gasket. I've had some oil drips between the oil pan and trans. I noticed it was visibly wet leaking down the back of the cylinder head so I am hoping that this will be the fix. I'll give it a few days and hope I won't have to pull the oil pan and replace the rear main seal. I also ordered a set of 5 new Dick Cepek DC-2s that I have been eyeing for some time. Can't wait to get them on.

iR0D7tUkQzOfSt1BTSGIPg.jpg

I didn’t do any adjusting, just swapped the bulbs only, and they seem to have the same pattern as the prior bulbs. We’ll see if I get high beamed tonight on the way home from work and have to make some adjustments.

Reactions: pagrey