What did you do to your TJ today?

This thread has had how many views?

tj.jpg

I hope @Chris designed that space for 7 digits.

Tried to make a bag to hold my uppers and keep them clean when we are wheeling on dusty roads. 4 hours later I have a bag but it is half ass sewed together and didn't finish the flap or put Velcro on like I had planned. If there is one thing I learned from this, is just buy it already built. By the time you count the 4 hours of fighting with the machine, probably a whole bobbin of string in waist, and some really sketchy stitches, it is cheaper to just buy it. LOL

Hubby found the material at the place he is cleaning up for a friend, so that was free. It cost me for a pack of needles to make sure I had the right strength. Some stronger thread, and velcro. I think that came close to 30 bucks. ( Can you see it is almost half the cost of the 75 dollar already made bag, with a zipper?) LOL

Here is what I started with. I figured I would sew in some extra support at the one end, and also the sides where the uppers bars are at. The dog is standing over the 'extra support". I was going to sew the same type of supports down at the bottom where you see the upper's bars sitting in that pic.

F59E7BFF-A647-4F57-A8AE-9B504FB63B07.jpeg

After a frustrating 4 hours, this is what I have. It will work.

Bag sitting on deck.

62B5B54B-4D3C-460A-BE09-8F2360BA1AAB.jpeg

After fighting the tailgate closing on me all the time, I got the first upper in. ( What do you all use to keep your door open? )
F58A230C-1D9C-48B7-AE9F-432DC2A03DE7.jpeg

Second upper in.

15CF95C6-E851-4959-9934-3CDB23F890E5.jpeg

Then all folded and placed under net.

A4C2227E-54C2-490D-AE61-B646FEEF4470.jpeg

Then to top it all off, I had some other pics I wanted to share with you all but my dumb computer is not letting them show up in the pic drop down box. They are on my computer and it say's it is downloading 10 more items, for the last hour. Ugh!! Not my day. LOL

Anyway, at least my windows won't be all dusty now. LOL

Tried to make a bag to hold my uppers and keep them clean when we are wheeling on dusty roads. 4 hours later I have a bag but it is half ass sewed together and didn't finish the flap or put Velcro on like I had planned. If there is one thing I learned from this, is just buy it already built. By the time you count the 4 hours of fighting with the machine, probably a whole bobbin of string in waist, and some really sketchy stitches, it is cheaper to just buy it. LOL

Hubby found the material at the place he is cleaning up for a friend, so that was free. It cost me for a pack of needles to make sure I had the right strength. Some stronger thread, and velcro. I think that came close to 30 bucks. ( Can you see it is almost half the cost of the 75 dollar already made bag, with a zipper?) LOL

Here is what I started with. I figured I would sew in some extra support at the one end, and also the sides where the uppers bars are at. The dog is standing over the 'extra support". I was going to sew the same type of supports down at the bottom where you see the upper's bars sitting in that pic.

View attachment 165294

Bag sitting on deck.

View attachment 165296

After fighting the tailgate closing on me all the time, I got the first upper in. ( What do you all use to keep your door open? )
View attachment 165297

Second upper in.

View attachment 165298

View attachment 165299

Then to top it all off, I had some other pics I wanted to share with you all but my dumb computer is not letting them show up in the pic drop down box. They are on my computer and it say's it is downloading 10 more items, for the last hour. Ugh!! Not my day. LOL

Something like this,
https://www.4wd.com/p/american-outlaw-tailgate-keeper-gk001/_/R-GGCH-GK001
Or this
https://www.quadratec.com/products/...JyJFCxIOkxVVm2nf4CyXGG-pqRp8d310aAseqEALw_wcB

Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt
Didn't do much - installed the "decoders" that are supposed to stop the LED headlight noise in the AM band. I have zero clue as to whether or not they help - I couldn't reproduce the noise before I installed them, much less afterwards. *shrug* It was pretty subtle anyway.

In a similar vein, I'm glad I already decided to replace the stock stereo, I decided I wanted to do a decent eval of the speakers so I put in a CD. Bad idea. Not only didn't it play, it didn't eject either. So my copy of "Lights, Camera, Bellydance!" is trapped in the stock unit until such time as I take it out.

My RedLine MTL arrived - it looks like my pump won't fit it though, I'll have to improvise...

• Sad
Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt
SEM color coat. Graphite and flame red.
The pic has all the paints I used for the interior and exterior.

Also got more of the interior put together today, as well as completing all the electrical connections. Hooked up the battery and all the electric works!

View attachment 165302

View attachment 165303
Looks sweet!. I’m planning on doing mine this summer. We’re you ale to remove the little vent above the big side vent or did you tea e it in place and mask around?

it is cheaper to just buy it. LOL
Ya but everybody has that stuff. I sew my own cab covers out of Sunbrella and that stuff is ridiculously expensive but there is nothing like getting it together yourself. Once you get down working with more difficult materials it will open up allot of doors and most important the regular stuff will seem really easy.

I remember seeing another design that stays attached but it is like the first one above in that it is a slide style rather than a strut and it also has the locking knob so you can set how far the door stays open.

I like the first one and I kind of remember seeing something like that for something else. I may have to brave going to HomeDepot to see what I can find. I know they make door stoppers but I am thinking they will be to short. If all else fails I will order the one in the link. :D

Reactions: reddvltj

View attachment 165294

Bag sitting on deck.

View attachment 165296

View attachment 165297

Second upper in.

View attachment 165298

View attachment 165299

A for effort!!!

Ya but everybody has that stuff. I sew my own cab covers out of Sunbrella and that stuff is ridiculously expensive but there is nothing like getting it together yourself. Once you get down working with more difficult materials it will open up allot of doors and most important the regular stuff will seem really easy.

Yah, I agree. I know how to sew, but just need a machine that can do that sort of material. Or, an area better then a small corner on the kitchen table. LOL I think part of my battle was with the weight of all the material and having no place to actually put it on. I had to move a chair closer to lay it on the back of the chair. Sometimes it would sew really good, then all as sudden it would bind up. LOL Oh well, at least I saved some money. :D

Cleaned 22 years of dirt and grime off my seats. Pulled the covers off and used a Bissel little green to clean them. Perfect, no. But 100 times better than what they were! Note if you are going to remove the covers, hold the velcro on the foam down and pull the cover as close as you can to where the Velcro is connected. I did not and had the lovely joy of re-stitching where I pulled the stitches out and hat to regular one small pot where the Velcro pull off of the foam itself....View attachment 165276View attachment 165277View attachment 165278View attachment 165279View attachment 165280View attachment 165280View attachment 165281
Nice! I have your twin in my garage. (y)

Started installing the 2" spring lift today.

This is the front before any work started. The front is about 1" lower on the passenger side than the driver, and after installing the winch a few weeks ago the front really sat low compared to the back too. The winch dropped the front about 1.5"
1590723594659.png
1590723610274.png

I got the new 2" lift Procomp springs, longer bump-stops and, Rancho 5000x shocks installed, and I got the old trackbar and steering stabilizer removed. Had to stop when I realized I don't have a 9/16" bit to drill out the frame side mount for the JKS adjustable track bar.

Side note, is this a factory spring perch or is that a spacer?
1590723857395.png

I bought some 3/4" spacers in case I wanted to level out the front, but it looks like there are already some installed. Anybody know if these are factory? I left them in since the seemed to be in good shape.

Tomorrow after a trip to Home Depot for the proper tools I hope to finish the front and start on the back.

I complain about living in Oregon a lot, but I got to say not having a bit of rust or corrosion sure makes the work go easy even at 178k on the clock. I don't know how you east coast guys do it.

Started installing the 2" spring lift today.

This is the front before any work started. The front is about 1" lower on the passenger side than the driver, and after installing the winch a few weeks ago the front really sat low compared to the back too. The winch dropped the front about 1.5"
View attachment 165336View attachment 165337

I got the new 2" lift Procomp springs, longer bump-stops and, Rancho 5000x shocks installed, and I got the old trackbar and steering stabilizer removed. Had to stop when I realized I don't have a 9/16" bit to drill out the frame side mount for the JKS adjustable track bar.

Side note, is this a factory spring perch or is that a spacer?
View attachment 165338

I bought some 3/4" spacers in case I wanted to level out the front, but it looks like there are already some installed. Anybody know if these are factory? I left them in since the seemed to be in good shape.

Tomorrow after a trip to Home Depot for the proper tools I hope to finish the front and start on the back.

I complain about living in Oregon a lot, but I got to say not having a bit of rust or corrosion sure makes the work go easy even at 178k on the clock. I don't know how you east coast guys do it.
I'm in a similar situation, too much rake and some lean. Curious to see how yours turns out. I'm going to make some spacers when I get back to work and use those as a temporary fix 'till I get some springs.

Reactions: gbirk