What did you do to your TJ today?

Replaced the factory stereo with an inexpensive higher powered Pioneer unit and some MTX speakers from Crutchfield. I love how they give you the speaker adapters, plug and play wire harness and all mounting hardware FREE. Quadratec sells their plug and play speakers for $169 a pair. I bought 4 speakers and the head unit for that much.
p.s. They even bring it to the car, so you don't give them the virus.
Rubi stereo.jpg
RUBI speakers.jpg

The waiting is over, my spring plates for the rear axle have arrived. Tomorrow i will go to a workshop to have the welding done, unfortunately i never learned how to weld. I have hute the cable clutter behind the taillight on the driver's side deals.

the new lower spring plates

20200625_162429.jpg

the tangle of cables

20200627_101537.jpg

I try to tidy up the cables

20200629_194351.jpg

Younger brother and my nephew spent Saturday watching rock bouncers and were able to stretch the LJ legs a little too.

Anyone know if is any value to the aluminum plate PO has added to tailgate/tire carrier?

7B6E0E4D-32C3-4E30-9C58-400E1FBCD0A0.jpeg

4813F747-8963-400B-A2D4-AECC9A97385D.jpeg

Piled all of the odds and ends I've taken off the Jeep the past two weeks on the the big stone fireplace hearth and the tile area in front of it in my great room since I'm cleaning them all off in the guest bathroom because it's so hot, humid, and rainy outside. Flares, signal lights, spare tire mount, third brake light, bumper ends, etc. ā€” it looks like some kind of bizarre alter and sacrificial offering to the MOPAR gods. šŸ¤£

Got the PO's BesTop bikini top that I've never used out of storage and cleaned it.

You know that scene in Ferris Bueller's Day Off where Ferris wants to take Cameron's dad's Ferrari out and Cameron says, "He doesn't even drive it. He just rubs it with a diaper." That's pretty much me right now. Too much taken off for it to be street legal (which is saying something, because as long as all of your lights are working, it's Fury Road rules in Arkansas since they did away with inspections in the late 90s), so I'm just cleaning everything while while working up the will to go to the only two places with a decent selection of spray paints and surface prep supplies: Walmart or The Home Depot. :cautious:

You know that scene in Ferris Bueller's Day Off where Ferris wants to take Cameron's dad's Ferrari out and Cameron says, "He doesn't even drive it. He just rubs it with a diaper."
ā€œA man with his priorities so out of whack doesnā€™t deserve such a fine automobile!ā€

Made a trip to Rausch Creek this week. Before going, I had to replace my 7 year old DieHard Platinum battery. Unfortunately, because I didn't have time to get a comparable replacement (The DieHard isn't available anymore), I had to use an AGM battery from Advance.

Want to know what a quality "Platinum" battery looks like compared to a cheaper alternative? Here you go....The DieHard weighed 10.2 lbs more than the Advance (Carquest) replacement. That's a lot more material to store and retain energy. I miss the old battery...may it rest in peace!

zt3m4gh.jpg

ximVeSW.jpg

pauSI5Z.jpg

Reactions: Tldelaney
I assume the plate is there to change the height.

Would that really be needed with 33s the PO ran? As does look like raises height would it potentially increase strain on gate and hinges?

I want to go with carrier like GenRight swing out but that recommends body armor. Armor is also in future plans but wallet has different timeline than my plans. Trying to figure out how can hold 35 spare without doing any damage while the wallet plays catchup.

Would that really be needed with 33s the PO ran? As does look like raises height would it potentially increase strain on gate and hinges?

I want to go with carrier like GenRight swing out but that recommends body armor. Armor is also in future plans but wallet has different timeline than my plans. Trying to figure out how can hold 35 spare without doing any damage while the wallet plays catchup.
Might ask out of this thread, someone can figure it out.

Had my son help me pull off the hard top off for the first time since I have owned it and went for a cruise around town. JKS disconnects are squeaky, need to pull it apart and lube everything. I see a soft top in my future soon. Need a lift first to store the hard top against the garage roof.