What did you do to your TJ today?

Wonder when that lube was changed last.

Fill it from the cabin next time. If you still have the original floor pans, just take the floor plug off and run the hose from there. no pump needed, but you have to make sure you keep an eye on it on the second one.
Whaaat??!!! That would’ve been sweet. Next time- I guess!
thanks dude!

After some miles twitch my mirror relocated it decided to start folding in on hiway. A 7/64 drill bit, a long SS M3 machine screw and a nuts jammed as a stopper I set 2 locations. Drilled a w/ Doors hole locator, spun it around, used same fixed hole and drilled a w/o doors locator. Only went through top half- no need to make a thru hole.
Easy peasy

C41AFD0A-3A56-49F3-95F0-7F2D52ABDFE2.jpeg

C1D1A83F-FF9A-4395-97C1-B45D0F0FFC59.jpeg

Quick question that doesn’t warrant a thread...

if you are doing a mml and bl at the same time, which would you do first. I’m thinking bl but want to approach it right.

And done. I even put the bolts all in the same orientation so people who follow me that have OCD won't freak out (@jjvw)

View attachment 180710
I work with a guy that has severe OCD for certain things. Network racks have to have the same screw heads and colors as well as orientation of the screw head. Every now and then we sharpee a few screws off, just to see how long it takes him to freak out.

That tailgate is calling my name.

Quick question that doesn’t warrant a thread...

if you are doing a mml and bl at the same time, which would you do first. I’m thinking bl but want to approach it right.
Either way, you will need to unbolt the fan shroud and will probably have to leave it unbolted until you have both done.

I'm also thinking that I would do the MML first because, after the BL, your Jeep body will be another inch or so taller and it will be that much harder to get to the motor mounts from above.

Reactions: ScottCO
Put the Keystone hardtop back on and drove 978 miles to San Antonio, Texas. This is the first leg of our journey. Tomorrow we will be in Louisiana and then Fort Walton Beach, Florida. Then a four day stopover and on to Pennsylvania. The jeep is running great thanks to seven months of good advice from this forum! It runs smooth and tight. That's the new owner riding shotgun (my daughter). She drives with Texas cruise control--foot hard on the floor, but the jeep is going over ninety at times and making me nervous.

20200731_172548.jpg

Last edited:
Chickenshit project while waiting for the hurricane. The sound bar - or sound pods in my '06 - seem pretty airtight to me, not particularly good for bass response as the speakers will try to form a vacuum during outward excursions - and compress on inward. Therefore, I figured I'd vent them:
15d.jpg

Hecho en China - 1/2" mini speaker ports.

15e.jpg

Hole drilled.

15f.jpg

Press fit...

160.jpg

Should lower the impedance of the enclosures and let the speakers breathe.

I was inspired by someone's door storage cart that was made out of a furniture dolly, so I gave it a shot today. Pretty quick and easy project! May have to build a second on for the full doors. I have some leftover carpet from when I carpeted my house, may have to add some to it later
20200801_160344.jpg
20200801_160419.jpg
20200801_160456.jpg
20200801_160908.jpg